What? NO END OF THE WORLD TODAY? LHC fired up today

Steve Jung

Explorer
Well, it's down for repairs for 2 months. Of course what they're not saying is the the "mechanical failure" is a portal to another dimension they need to seal.

I have a plan; I will start carrying a copy of the Schrodinger wave equation in my pocket. If anyone starts to talk to me about why the LHC should be shut down, I will bring out the equation and ask if they can identify any of the terms of the equation, or possibly even if they recognize any of the mathematical functions. When they answer no, I will ask how they can even have an opinion on such matters, when they obviously do not even have the most basic understanding of the most rudimentary building blocks of physics that the work being done is based on. I will then likely get snooty, and ask who brainwashed them into believing they had an opinion.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
TISE or TDSE? :p

Cheers, LT.
For the purpose DG is describing, probably it doesn't matter. ;) But the only real one is time dependent!

Perhaps I should start wearing my "What part of {insert Standard Model Lagrangian here} don't you understand?" T-shirt for the same reason. Or would that be obnoxious? :confused:

Remove ads