• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What OD&D and B/ED&D Adventures are the Best? List them here!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
CM2 or CM3 - name forgotten - (saber river?)
Whichever had the break down on who you had to pay and how much in a castles staff.
I considered this necessary for running any landholding types games. It was one of the best aspects of expert and companion rules, and this adventure filled a missing link.

never ran the actual adventure though :)

johnsemlak

First Post
Difficult to rank them, as there are so many I like. Here are some of my favs:

B2: Keep on the Borderlands.
B4: The Lost City
B10: Night's Dark Terror
X1: Isle of Dread

However, as my top favorites I'd probably have to choose X4-5-the Desert Nomads series. Those two modules had several varied encounters, introduced several interestng new monsters, had some challenging puzzles, roleplaying opportunites, and an epic sweeping plot.

A couple of modules that might be worthy of some praise:

X7: War Rafts of Kron -- always liked it. One of the few Underwater adventures.
X9: Savage Coast. This module spurred a major setting, though the module itself is probably not a particular classic.
XL1: Worth it for the stats of Warduke and Strongheart alone.
CM1: Test of the Warlords
CM9: Legacy of Blood. Module set in an interesting rustic locale with a nice plot.
DA1-4: Blackmoor series

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks! I have added most of the ones you mentioned, including XL1 Quest for the Heartsone, but I am not sure everyone would agree.

In terms of the savage coast, that can wait for the 2nd ed thread

Steel_Wind

Legend
JG= Tegal Manor

Of all the old maps from Original D&D, Tegal Manor remains a classic and easily one of the mose useful dungeons a person could ever hope to have - even for use in 3.5e.

With the greatest of respect, nothing else on this list so far can better that claim to fame.

Remove ads