• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What OGL/D20 games do you guys own or play?

mistergone

First Post
I own:

D&D3E (3 core books)
DM's Screen
Monster Manual 2
Forgotten Realms Camapign setting
Monsters of Faerun
first 3 class books (all for sale cheap now)
Hero Bulder's Gudiebooks (for sale really cheap, but who would buy it?)
Oriental Adventures
Creature Compendium (? that sword & sorcery thing, also for sale)
Rokugan
Creatures of Rokugan
Magic of Rokugan
Star Wars rpg (not the revised.. also for sale, again, who would buy it?)
Mutants & Masterminds
Swashbuckling Adventures

I love Mutants & Masterminds, it's really probably the best execution of D20 rules to date. Oriental Adventures and Rokugan are also favorites.

Petrosian

First Post
I own...

DND
Traveller
MnM
Star Wars
D20 Modern

I am running

DND

I am going to be running an MnM campaign in about three weeks. Waiting for Player characters to be finished up now.

Star Wars was bought just to see the other "official" D20 system and its scifi.

Traveller was bought even tho 3rd party since it was Traveller. I have a sentimental attachment to traveller and buy almost any version of it... original, reprinted original, megatraveller, gurps traveller, and so on. (its an addition i know but i have found a 12 jump programs for it.)

MnM waqs bought cuz i wanted non-HERO supers and it looked good and came highly recommended. After reading it and the new damage save work, i was sold.

Last edited:

Jontu Kontar

First Post
Albert_Fish said:
What Genre is anyone playing?
What OGL/D20 genre games work out the best?

Unfortunatley, I'm not playing any D20 based games at the moment. However, I plan to be starting some up again in the next few months.

My favorite Genre's are SCI-FI and Fantasy. To that end I like "DragonStar's" setting but some of the mechanics are a bit cumbersome.

Recently, I have become more interested in a purely SCI-FI setting so I am considering making my own setting with D20M.

------------------------------

I've noticed that everyone is listing what they own so I shall do so as well.

I own
-----
D&D 3rd
D20M
DragonStar
Forgotten Realms
Wheel of Time
Starwars D20 (non revised)

I have access to
-----
D20 Deadlands
Spycraft
Mutants and Masterminds
Star Wars D20 Revised
Oriental Adventures
L5R D20
Kingdoms of Kalamar

Will have access to soon enough
-----
Babylon 5 :)

Last edited:

Jontu Kontar

First Post
Albert_Fish said:
Ok, let us change this up. If you could play only one D20/OGl game for the rest of your life ( assume complete support) which would you choose? Of the d20 and OGl games you have played in which did you Prefer and why? Of the games you have GMed which did you prefer and why?

Since I am a "Babylon 5" fan I would have to pledge myself to that. (However, much to my annoyance it isn't out yet. ;) ) Second to that would come "Forgotten Realms/D&D" simply because it was the first RPG I played and it is the one I know the best. Third in order (assuming that the 2 others were unavailable) I would pick M&M for many of the same reasons other posters have listed.

I honestly have no answer for the second question. In the last 3 or so years I have played all of 30 hours as a PC. Thus, I'm not really qualified to say.

I would have to say "Forgotten Realms" . This is the only D20 game that I have GM'd for a while. The Star Wars camp ended quickly because, at the time, the rules for new ships didn't exist (I like having a template for rules even if I don't follow them exactly) and it was going to be a "Rogue Squadron" like setting. With the advent of D20M I am seriously thinking of incorporating some of it's precepts into my "Forgotten Realms" games.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Those look like interesting games too.

We play Spycraft, d20 Conan/Hyboria, ALIENS vs. Predator, World of Greyhawk D&D (Living), Nyambe African, and Oriental Adventures.

Em

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads