• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Outsider abilities do plane touched get?

glass

(he, him)
Storm Raven said:
That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
It literally means 'to the man'. In the context of a debate, it means attacking the arguer rather than the argument, to whit:
Storm Raven said:
If you mechanically read the "outsider" template and apply it to the hell hound without using your brain in the process, you might come to this conclusion. I, on the other hand, prefer a DM with a modicum of common sense.
...accusing me of not using my brain or having even a modicum of common sense just because I happen to disagree with you.

EDIT: Thanks Moritheil and I2k for your support on this.

glass.

Last edited:

glass

(he, him)
moritheil said:
I'm not being facetious; I always figured that making a planetouched character was different from making an actual deva or something into a character.
It is different in the ways enumerated in the Native subtype (and in the notes about native outsiders under the outsider type). In all other ways it is the same.

glass.

Infiniti2000

First Post
glass said:
It is different in the ways enumerated in the Native subtype (and in the notes about native outsiders under the outsider type). In all other ways it is the same.
There's a huge difference in the fact that most (all?) planet-ouched characters have no racial HD. IMO, that's what causes the confusion. It makes planet-ouched characters much more similar to standard PH races than creating a character with 8 outsider racial HD. I'm not trying to prove anything by this, just making an observation.

TheEvil

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
There's a huge difference in the fact that most (all?) planet-ouched characters have no racial HD. IMO, that's what causes the confusion. It makes planet-ouched characters much more similar to standard PH races than creating a character with 8 outsider racial HD. I'm not trying to prove anything by this, just making an observation.

It is funny you should mention that. As I noted above, when you chose a race in the PHB, you have Racial Traits. These are independent of class. Under the Outsider type, the weapon and armor proficiencies are listed under Traits. I realize I keeps bringing this up, but you seem to be studiously ignoring it, so...

Remove ads