• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Race Are You Currently Playing

What Race are You Currently Playing

• Dwarf

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Elf

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Halfling

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Human

Votes: 80 45.5%
  • Other Humanoid (Tiefling, Githyanki, Kobold, etc)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Other Monster Race (Mindflayer, Elemental, Awakened Animal, etc)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other Other (something alltogether different).

Votes: 3 1.7%

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I'm just curious to see what races people are playing these days.

If you are playing more than one PC at the moment, just choose the one you like best.

Sixchan

First Post
Currently I'm playing 4 humans and one elf. 'Cept, two of the Humans are actually the same human at different points in her life. And one of the other humans is a d20 Modern version of me. Incidently, that's my favourite character. ;)

Carnifex

First Post
Only playing 1 character, and he's a human cleric. But I'm running two campaigns, oen a Planescape campaign, so I play most races at one time or another :)

Oni

First Post
I currently have 4 active characters and every single one of them is human. I just don't really identify with the demihuman races as much.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
Yeah, I was going to put in a "I'm a DM not a player you insensitive clod" option, but c'est la vie... For my part, I DM two campaigns and play in one, so for all you DMs out there, I feel your angst.

Originally this was going to be a "Does anyone play half-elves?" poll, but I decided to make it a bit more objective. I think half-elves are interesting, but in 3e they just seem to be at the bottom of the heap, ability-wise. I hope they get some lovin' in 3.5e.

Lastly, I almost always play humans, but I want to start an all monster campaign.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In various campaigns (PbP and irl) I have a
1.Gnome
2.Half-elf (actually half-fey but used half-elf by default)
3.Human (male)
4.Human (female)
5. Gbblin
6. Half-orc
7. Half-giant (true giants in the campaign but at 9 ft the smallest of giants)
8. An entire country

Oh and I DM too

The Half-elf is hardest to play - he is really no different to a human with funny ears.

My Gnome has been incarnated in about 4 or 5 different campaigns (not all DnD) starting at approx. 0-3 level each time. I like seeing how the same character can evolve differently in each campaign due to the circumstances of his adventures(plus I can use the same history and motivation every time:p). In the games I DM he occurs as an NPC - usually later in life and high-level (level 12+ is considered EPIC imc)

Remove ads