• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG tool would you like to see for droid/iphone/ipad?

Stormonu

Legend
As the title, if you have or had access to a mobile device, what tools do you wish it had for RPGs or were associated with the D&D brand?

For me, while I've found a great dice program (dicenomicon), I'm still looking for a decent random dungeon generator or VTT(or even a D&D dungeon tile mapper/tracker) and campaign tracker (something to store adventures, generate/store NPCs, track initiative and maybe even relay some of this information to player client devices).

I'd also like to see Rpg-like boardgames (such as Talisman, Descent, Castle Ravenloft, Heroquest, Wrath of Ashadarlon) be computerized.

Also, a fun little game - something slightly more interactive than the D&D facebook "Little Adventure" programs would be fun. Something lite and primarily solo, but that you could maybe also do as multiplayer

<Whoops - wrong forum!>

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Or Windows 7 . . .

A Wandering Monster App would be fun. You could use it with other people who had their characters handy (on their handhelds) for impromptu combat sessions. :D

Stormonu

Legend
Or Windows 7 . . .

A Wandering Monster App would be fun. You could use it with other people who had their characters handy (on their handhelds) for impromptu combat sessions. :D

ooh! A random encounter generator could be cool - not only does it stat up (random?) monsters, it picks a theme and terrain, perhaps throwing in a skill challenge (complication)

"This encounter occurs in a rocky clearing surrounded by dense woods and briars. There are 8 goblin vinecasters, and 2 orwargs (orc/warg centaurs) led by a gobliness deathscreamer. The area is pockmarked with small craters that Re home to geysers of acidic, superheated water. Characters can make a successful Wilderness check to detrmine where the next geyser will blow, or use Athletics to dodge a sudden burst near them. With a successful Bluff check, characters can lead foes into the blast of an erupting geyser."

kristoaster

First Post
Something to remotely view the Masterplan campaigns I have on my laptop. Being able to run encounters through it would be good too (ie track damage, monster powers, etc)

I'd just like a usable character sheet that can track my power usage, HP, healing surges, gear, and conditions.

And as a DM, I'd like a tablet app that can do all that for multiple monsters, with easy tabs to switch between them.

falcarrion

First Post
I'd just like a usable character sheet that can track my power usage, HP, healing surges, gear, and conditions.

And as a DM, I'd like a tablet app that can do all that for multiple monsters, with easy tabs to switch between them.

If your playing 4ed check out I4E character sheet.

What I would like is a pathfinder character sheet.

mattcolville

Adventurer
As the title, if you have or had access to a mobile device, what tools do you wish it had for RPGs or were associated with the D&D brand?

I'd like to be able to run Fantasy Grounds from the iPad. But that's never in a million years going to happen. Just the Encounter part would be enough though.

mattcolville

Adventurer

Be great of we could get the Combat Manager on the iPad.

talwynor

First Post
I'd like to see a map replacement similar to the ENWorld April Fool's Day hoax when the IPad launched. Ideally it would allow you to import and image and move tokens on the image.

Remove ads