• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What set of OGC rules do you favor most?

What set of OGC rules do you dig the most?

• d20 3.0 SRD

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • d20 3.5 SRD

Votes: 148 73.3%
  • d20 Modern SRD

Votes: 23 11.4%
  • Anime d20 SRD

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Mecha d20 SRD

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 15 7.4%

• Poll closed .

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Just what the thread title asks, bucko. What set of OGC rules do you dig the most?

Last edited:

DMH

First Post
Fudge. I was hoping for more immediate releases now that it is under the OGL and has a rather spiffy SRD, but that will come with time.

It is a very easy system to develop or convert settings for, which is why I voted for it. Fudge Army Ants, Fudge Gamma World and my up coming Fudge The Unpure were very easy to build and take up only a few pages in couple notebooks.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
TheAuldGrump said:
By OGC I take it what you really mean is Free SRD?

The Auld Grump

Well, what I really meant was 'standalone OGC rule set' - of which I'm aware of only four that aren't SRDs (and one of those is highly debatable). Those three standalone OGC rule sets would be:

Fudge
Grim Tales (the highly debatable one)
Spycraft 2.0

There's tons of OGC out there, but very little of it stands alone as a rule set. Incdientally, the reason I didn't work this into the thread title was because it would have been far too long. I probably should have clarified in the original post, but I figured tha the poll choices would speak for themselves.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Mutants and Masterminds.

Though that's on the clause that I don't really consider standard d20 to be OGL, that's just DnD.

Bagpuss

Legend
jdrakeh said:
Well, what I really meant was 'standalone OGC rule set' - of which I'm aware of only four that aren't SRDs (and one of those is highly debatable). Those three standalone OGC rule sets would be:

Fudge
Grim Tales (the highly debatable one)
Spycraft 2.0

He's lost me on this one, Iron Heroes, Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, Mutants and Masterminds, etc. There are a number of OGC rulesets.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Actually, I like the Anime SRD because it's broken down into point-buy ... but the 3.5 SRD wins big points for having a lot more premade stuff (spells, monster stats) built in so I can just play it "off the shelf."

-TG :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads