• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What setting are you using?

The_Gneech

Explorer
I am currently using a homebrew that grew up around Elsir Vale from Red Hand of Doom, but it's very generic. The cleric worships Lathander, but that's the closest thing to a "setting" tie there is.

I did have a long-running Greyhawk game, and if I were going to pick a standard setting, that would be it. But unless I really want to get into an intrigue/politics or "unite a bunch of foes against Sauron -- er, Iuz" I'm not inclined to get into the nitty-gritty of the setting these days, I just toss a few interesting realms into "D&Dland," figure out how they relate to each other, and start running.

-The Gneech :cool:

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Currently as we try out the PF rules it's a setting I am making up as we go along. Once we can sit down to prepare properly, I will be returning to Scarred Lands.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Currently, I'm using Golarion for my son's campaign. It was his pick, however, not mine. I had no objections, of course, it's a great setting.

I'm also running a campaign set in the Kingdoms of Kalamar using the Conan rules.

I like Golarion b/c Paizo produces top-shelf fluff to go along with their top-shelf crunch. Golarion gets a lot of things right.

That said, if Golarion didn't exist but the Pathfinder RPG did, I'd still be playing/running the Pathfinder RPG.

In my 20+ years of RPGing, rules & setting are frequently divorced from each other. In the past I have:

Run a Rolemaster campaign in both the Greyhawk and Birthright settings.
Run a GURPS campaign in the Star Drive setting.
Run a GURPS campaign in the Kingdoms of Kalamar setting.

I buy setting stuff to alleviate GM work, for inspiration, and for the entertainment of reading them. I buy rules for running my games.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I am currently using the Ptolus setting for the weekly game that I am running. I am also running a monthly game that is based in Green Ronin's Freeport setting. In that case, there is Freeport and the "continent" which I have deliberately only vaguely defined.
I also play in a group that is Greyhawk (or Paizohawk) as the DM has defined it.

The Greene Knight

First Post
Not running PF right now, but I purchase PF products and fully intend to run it at some point. When I do, I will either run Ptolus or some homebrew built with PF in mind.

Edgewood

First Post
I'm running my decades long homebrew called Morvia. I read the campaign book for Golarion and feel that for the region known as Golarion is WAAAAYYYY too busy and crammed filled with every possible idea that they could come up with and stuffed into an area slightly larger than Europe.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads