What should I buy tomorrow?

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Buttercup said:
If you like modules, definitely buy Hamlet of Thumble. It's the best module I've seen in quite a while.

Other suggestions: Testament, if you are at all interested in roleplaying in the ancient middle east. Monsternomicon, if you don't already have it--it's the best monster book ever.

Other than those three, I'd say hold onto your money for a while. There are some good things coming out, like the Wilderlands book from Necromancer/Judge's Guild, and Iron Kingdoms (hopefully, someday) that you will probably want.

Thanks, Buttercup! I'm always glad to hear that you enjoyed the book. :)

Great recommendations, by the way. I'm also looking forward to the Judges Guild series.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Carnifex said:
Hey, Ed, I'll buy 1A if you buy Steam & Steel when it comes out ;)

More seriously, I don't really have a need for a low-level module, but if Forbidden Planet do stock Hamlet of Thumble I might pick it up anyway.

C'mon, it's only $15! :)

Also, it has a lot of great stuff for all levels like three new core classes and the setting is designed to be highly reuseable. I think one of the reviewers said he's even used the hamlet's residents for his Star Wars game.

If you don't see it at the bookstore, you can always order from UKAmazon.com or other outlets.

What is Steam & Steel? Is it like the weapons book Stone & Steel? If so, I'll probably buy it.

Last edited:

Carnifex

First Post
Ed Cha said:
C'mon, it's only $15! :)

Also, it has a lot of great stuff for all levels like three new core classes and the setting is designed to be highly reuseable. I think one of the reviewers said he's even used the hamlet's residents for his Star Wars game.

If you don't see it at the bookstore, you can always order from UKAmazon.com or other outlets.

What is Steam & Steel? Is it like the weapons book Stone & Steel? If so, I'll probably buy it.

$15? Well, I'm in the UK, so its £something :p

Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks is a book for steam technology, to be published soon by EN Publishing (pimp, pimp ;) ). Lots of steam tech goodness, from the mundane mechanical to the exotic fantastical :)

Angcuru

First Post
Dice. Lots of dice. Plus a really big leather sack to keep them all in. Better yet, cordon off a section of your living room and make a big dice pit; sorta like them ball pits a rec centers but with dice. Yeah...

Let the ramblings begin:

Check out Archipelagos: The War of Shadows by Eden Studios while you are there. I haven't seen it yet, but I understand that this first of 3 setting/adventure books has some low tech stuff that would appeal to you and I.

- Let me know if you see it.

If you haven't picked up Sorcery & Steam (ed), you should, it is a good book. You might be worried about it polluting your data stream for your book though, eh?

Of the more recentish WotC books, Draconomicon is definitely the best. As I posted in another thread, this book is a good value even if you won't be playing any dragons soon- a very good book. BoED is, OK, and Underdark is probably just about what you expect it to be.

I'm gonna pick up GR's Mindshadows sight unseen when I see that at the LGS - it might be in your LGS by tomorrow as it has been on ENWorld RPG shop for a few days already...

I aso recently picked up Elemental Lore by FFG - not bad. Some very creative new elemental moster types in there.

I just bought the Scarred Lands Rangers & Rogues books at lunch today, so it's to oearly for me to give you an impression yet.

I'm saving some $ for the GR Fiend HC supposedly coming out this month too...

changed book name

Last edited:

Sam

First Post
Angcuru said:
Better yet, cordon off a section of your living room and make a big dice pit; sorta like them ball pits a rec centers but with dice. Yeah...
Ooooooooohhh. I never thought of that. I wonder if my wife would let me do that.

/me shouting downstairs: "Oh honey...."

Carnifex

First Post
die_kluge said:
Get something for your wife and/or girlfriend (hey, he could have both!*), tell she (them) that you love her (them). She (they) is (are) worth it. :)

* die_kluge does not endorse, nor condone affairs.

She wants me to get a stapler tomorrow :eek: not really very romantic, I guess.

But we're talking about me here, feeding my gaming addiction :D

Carnifex

First Post
Dimwhit said:
Get Draconomicon. And when you have it, let me know and I'll give you the address to ship it to.

:p:p:p

'sides, I'm in the UK. Draconomicon was out recently, right? It might well nto have come out over here yet :p

Pramas

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
Iron Kingdoms Campaign Setting!!!

Oh wait, it's not out yet. :D

Skull and Bones or whatever it's called -- the pirate book. That looks GREAT. And is Green Ronin's Mindshadows setting out yet? I'm dying for that baby....

Yes, Mindshadows is out this week. And yes, the pirate book is called Skull & Bones.

Yar.

Remove ads