What should I buy tomorrow?

MEG Hal

First Post
Carnifex said:
So, tomorrow, I'm going into the Forbidden Planet gaming store in Newcastle, with the vague idea of buying Arcana Unearthed.

Well if you do AU you should get Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed: Siege on Ebonring Keep as well-- ;)

Carnifex

First Post
MEG Hal said:
Well if you do AU you should get Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed: Siege on Ebonring Keep as well-- ;)

I would, but I'm more interested in plundering ideas from the setting than running the setting itself ;)

MEG Hal

First Post
Carnifex said:
I would, but I'm more interested in plundering ideas from the setting than running the setting itself ;)

Ahhhh--OK
Well in that case you need The Deep--it has tons to plunder and being an underwater book, plunder is the perfect word.
:D

Carnifex

First Post
MEG Hal said:
Ahhhh--OK
Well in that case you need The Deep--it has tons to plunder and being an underwater book, plunder is the perfect word.
:D

Aha! Now that might actually be a useful suggestion, since an upcoming part of my online campaign will involve themes of water & the seas quite heavily (though if they've any sense the players will stay on dry land for as long as possible :p). What's The Deep got in it, then? Anything useful to helping run an underwater civilisation of neutrally aligned sahuagin, caught in conflict with human coastal nations and a corrupted section of their own society? :)

MEG Hal

First Post
Carnifex said:
Aha! Now that might actually be a useful suggestion, since an upcoming part of my online campaign will involve themes of water & the seas quite heavily (though if they've any sense the players will stay on dry land for as long as possible :p). What's The Deep got in it, then? Anything useful to helping run an underwater civilisation of neutrally aligned sahuagin, caught in conflict with human coastal nations and a corrupted section of their own society? :)

256 pages of setting and supplement goodness.

D20zines just reviewed The Deep, it scored very well and the reviewer said "Wow! As an underwater sourcebook, this book has nearly everything. The level of detail is exacting, but presented in a very playable fashion that left me chomping at the bit to run an underwater adventure."

So it may be a good addition to your collection.
Have fun tomorrow!

Carnifex

First Post
MEG Hal said:
256 pages of setting and supplement goodness.

D20zines just reviewed The Deep, it scored very well and the reviewer said "Wow! As an underwater sourcebook, this book has nearly everything. The level of detail is exacting, but presented in a very playable fashion that left me chomping at the bit to run an underwater adventure."

So it may be a good addition to your collection.
Have fun tomorrow!

Well, if it's on the shelves tomorrow, I'll have a leaf through it. Read the review, not exactly sure its what I want, but I'll certainly given it a chance :)

Anyone else got a suggestion?

Carnifex

First Post
So, I ended up buying Arcana Uearthed and the Draconomicon. Nearly bought the Warcraft book and the Manual of Monsters for it,'cos the artwork was just so good!

Sadly I didn't see Hamlet of Thumble anywhere, nor The Deep. They just didn't seem to stock 'em :(

Psion

Adventurer
Draconomicon
Mindshadows
Planes & Portals
Empire
Cry Havoc

If you are into Spycraft, the 60s Decade Book is out, and it looks very nice.

After I bought the Draconomicon, I seriously wanted to re-start my campaign and base it completely around dragons and dragon-hunters.

But that will have to wait until after the campaign-restart around the Githyanki Incursion, which will come before the campaign-restart around supremely good characters using the Book of Exalted Deeds.

Too many campaign ideas - not enough time!

RSKennan

Explorer
Of course I have to suggest Morningstar... It has a lot of plunderable ideas, and the empire of Brendir can serve as a solid backdrop for a coastal campaign. Add in the War for the Sea (Humans vs Aberrations), and you have the makings of an epic campaign.

Another must have (IMHO) for a seaside campaign is Goodman Games' Monsters of the Boundless Blue... I'm using it a lot in my own campaign.

Last edited:

Remove ads