What should Wizards of the Coast do next?

Aaron L

Hero
Chaosium is handling all of the CoCd20 stuff, WotC is't allowed to :) And from what I've heard WoT isn't going to get further support. Too bad, I like the game.

Errant

First Post
If you ask me..

A campaign guidebook to rulership, politics & intrigue!

Something with a system that can cover ruling towers to cities along with the populations and areas they dominate.

Birthright was good, but too abstract (how many people did the ruler of a level 3 holding rule/include/employ anyway?).

The Dungeons & Dragons Cyclopaedia (Sp?) had the only other half-decent system I've ever found.

Isn't it about time we had a supplement to support all those mid/high level PCs that want to make a name for themselves as movers and shakers, to rule their own castles & domains?!?

(P.S. If anyone else knows of a good system for rulership already out there, please point me in the right direction!)

Wolfen Priest

First Post
A very detailed book on GENERIC city/town/kingdom generation would be a great idea. The stuff in the DMG was good, but they could do a lot more.

Sodalis

First Post
i would like to see a more in depth class book- no not the new feats and PrC books- but a book on history and motivations. a break down of each race/class combo and how they came into being, and where they see their culture advancign from there.

History books are good too-

Here is an easy money maker for them- a wizard's spellbook. Just a hardbound book with blank pages in it. the cover features a couple of different artwork or symbols and is geared towards different deities or alignments... That way, a player can have arealistic spellbook that he can immitate combat with...

bwgwl

First Post
Wolfen Priest said:
A very detailed book on GENERIC city/town/kingdom generation would be a great idea. The stuff in the DMG was good, but they could do a lot more.

i'd buy it in a heartbeat, if it also had "domain" rules a la Birthright.

i was really hoping the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook would have something along these lines. i mean, what good is building a castle and starting a fief if you don't have any rules for what to do with it next? :p

oh -- we also need an official d20 MASS COMBAT system. something that can handle thousands of troops on a side. i want to game out the Battle of Helm's Deep!

Last edited:

warpmind

First Post
I hope some books detailing rules not yet official, such as underwater adventuring, mass combats and so, but it seems more possible a serie of Books of Races, as quoted before.

I would like also something about alternative magic, some re-editing of the Planescape series (A Guide to the Astral, A Guide to Hell and others) and more original or different stuff, such as a Book of Vehicles or something about companions and flowers.

Phoenix8008

First Post
bwgwl said:

i was really hoping the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook would have something along these lines. i mean, what good is building a castle and starting a fief if you don't have any rules for what to do with it next? :p

oh -- we also need an official d20 MASS COMBAT system. something that can handle thousands of troops on a side. i want to game out the Battle of Helm's Deep!

Well, it looks like Eden studios is gonna beat WotC to it with their book: Fields of Blood, the book of war. Found at this site:

http://www.edenstudios.net/odyssey/7005.html

If they can ever get it finished and printed out, I'm almost sure to buy it. I think maybe they had to see how the Stonghold builders guidbook was set up so they could make it compatable. I hope so anyway as I have that book and like how it works.

As for what I'd like to see done, a mass combat system (not Chainmail, I want a D&D system, not a whole new game) and a system for running kingdoms and such is what I want most.

That and one big book with all the class splatbooks inside, but that'll never happen as they would lose money on such a venture.

Last edited:

Murgh'em

First Post
bwgwl said:

Why dont you wait a couple of months when BR d20 is released.
the domains rules would probably fit in any other world, i only think you have to adjust the regency collection.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'd pay cash money for either the "Sea & Skies Survival Guide": a supplement dealing with adventures in three dimensions, or the "Complete Book of Hags". ;)

Remove ads