• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should Wizards of the Coast do next?

Aaron L

Hero
Chaosium is handling all of the CoCd20 stuff, WotC is't allowed to :) And from what I've heard WoT isn't going to get further support. Too bad, I like the game.

Errant

First Post
If you ask me..

A campaign guidebook to rulership, politics & intrigue!

Something with a system that can cover ruling towers to cities along with the populations and areas they dominate.

Birthright was good, but too abstract (how many people did the ruler of a level 3 holding rule/include/employ anyway?).

The Dungeons & Dragons Cyclopaedia (Sp?) had the only other half-decent system I've ever found.

Isn't it about time we had a supplement to support all those mid/high level PCs that want to make a name for themselves as movers and shakers, to rule their own castles & domains?!?

(P.S. If anyone else knows of a good system for rulership already out there, please point me in the right direction!)

Wolfen Priest

First Post
A very detailed book on GENERIC city/town/kingdom generation would be a great idea. The stuff in the DMG was good, but they could do a lot more.

Sodalis

First Post
i would like to see a more in depth class book- no not the new feats and PrC books- but a book on history and motivations. a break down of each race/class combo and how they came into being, and where they see their culture advancign from there.

History books are good too-

Here is an easy money maker for them- a wizard's spellbook. Just a hardbound book with blank pages in it. the cover features a couple of different artwork or symbols and is geared towards different deities or alignments... That way, a player can have arealistic spellbook that he can immitate combat with...

bwgwl

First Post
Wolfen Priest said:
A very detailed book on GENERIC city/town/kingdom generation would be a great idea. The stuff in the DMG was good, but they could do a lot more.

i'd buy it in a heartbeat, if it also had "domain" rules a la Birthright.

i was really hoping the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook would have something along these lines. i mean, what good is building a castle and starting a fief if you don't have any rules for what to do with it next? :p

oh -- we also need an official d20 MASS COMBAT system. something that can handle thousands of troops on a side. i want to game out the Battle of Helm's Deep!

Last edited:

warpmind

First Post
I hope some books detailing rules not yet official, such as underwater adventuring, mass combats and so, but it seems more possible a serie of Books of Races, as quoted before.

I would like also something about alternative magic, some re-editing of the Planescape series (A Guide to the Astral, A Guide to Hell and others) and more original or different stuff, such as a Book of Vehicles or something about companions and flowers.

Phoenix8008

First Post
bwgwl said:

i was really hoping the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook would have something along these lines. i mean, what good is building a castle and starting a fief if you don't have any rules for what to do with it next? :p

oh -- we also need an official d20 MASS COMBAT system. something that can handle thousands of troops on a side. i want to game out the Battle of Helm's Deep!

Well, it looks like Eden studios is gonna beat WotC to it with their book: Fields of Blood, the book of war. Found at this site:

http://www.edenstudios.net/odyssey/7005.html

If they can ever get it finished and printed out, I'm almost sure to buy it. I think maybe they had to see how the Stonghold builders guidbook was set up so they could make it compatable. I hope so anyway as I have that book and like how it works.

As for what I'd like to see done, a mass combat system (not Chainmail, I want a D&D system, not a whole new game) and a system for running kingdoms and such is what I want most.

That and one big book with all the class splatbooks inside, but that'll never happen as they would lose money on such a venture.

Last edited:

Murgh'em

First Post
bwgwl said:

Why dont you wait a couple of months when BR d20 is released.
the domains rules would probably fit in any other world, i only think you have to adjust the regency collection.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'd pay cash money for either the "Sea & Skies Survival Guide": a supplement dealing with adventures in three dimensions, or the "Complete Book of Hags". ;)

Remove ads