• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what spells do you use

Tranzquility

First Post
I was wondering what spells people use in there games.
such ass just the spells from the Players hand book or do you
go out and use spells from the book of the undead..etx.etx

Doug McCrae

Legend
Mainly the PHB plus one or two others. My wizard had to eventually take Repair Light Damage cause the Bloodforged PC kept badgering her about it. I can't bring myself to ask for any of the spells from Forgotten Realms or the Book of Vile Darkness. They seem both overpowered and just a bit naff, somehow to the ones in the PHB.

Wombat

First Post
Primarily Monte's Arcana Unearthed, with backup from Grimoire II, Complete Book of Eldritch Might, and a few spells we have converted on our own.

shaylon

First Post
Mostly the PHB lists, but my DM has been generous and allowed me to take spells from the Magic of Faerun book. I am hoping that if/when I get Complete Arcane I can convince him to take that into consideration as well, if there is anything that I should want from that book. So far he has been pretty cool though.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
If it's an FR game, any WotC source is fair game.

*rare beast that happens*

Scarred Lands, PHB, any d20 source, and of course the R&R SL series.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Ze list for clerics that I use:

PHB, Book of Exalted Deeds, Defenders of the Faith, Magic of Faerun (for that FR campaign).

So far for my wizard: the PHB only. It's not an FR game so I don't use that source.

Crothian

First Post
Mostly spells for the PHB or UA depending on which the character was made from. I don't mind spells for other sources but they can be a pain for players to look through with all the sources out there.

Psion

Adventurer
I really will use any source that strikes my fancy, but in the most common sources include:
PHB (of course)
Complete Book of Eldritch Might
Relics & Rituals (I primarily)
Spells & Magic
Wild Spellcraft

I also am playing a seafaring, planehopping campaign. Good sources for spells specific to the campaign topic include Book of the Sea (really nice seafaring spells), Planar Handbook, Manual of the Planes, and Book of the Planes.

Tranzquility

First Post
The reason i asked this question is that if you have a wizard wich in time can learn any and every spell in the game ( be a long hard road but it can be done if he can find the spells and such) but anyways after a while if you interduce spells from almost every D&D book it could get out of control verry easy....

Remove ads