What System For...?

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
@Reynard : Nobilis comes to mind. That’s a core activity for the game. At a lower power level, Lords of Gossamer and Shadow would do it very well, with Eidolon and Umbra doing the same kind of work as Moorcock’s Law and Chaos and the Spiders and Snakes in Leiber’s Changewar stories.

aramis erak

Legend
On the way home, I was listening to a podcast and it brought up the question of God being on one's side. I think that would be an interesting campaign: the PCs are divine agents that have to enter into conflicts of all scales, from major wars to little league games, and tip the balance to whatever side that the Ineffible chose to back this time around. The PCs would be free to do whatever they wanted, but if they did not make the right side win (or the right side lose, i suppose) they might not get their jobs and have to go back to mortal existence or the Pit or whatever.

What system for that game?
That's the core premise of In Nomine (currently owned by SJG); there's also a GURPS worldbook for it.

aramis erak

Legend
That's not the issue for me. The issue for me is that it is not, as I understand it, playable out of the box. If I have to design the system, I'll just do that.
Cortex Prime does have a setting example in the book... a serial-numbers filed off Thunderbirds Are Go! setting. It's there as much as an example of how to customize the system as anything.

Cortex Prime does have a setting example in the book... a serial-numbers filed off Thunderbirds Are Go! setting. It's there as much as an example of how to customize the system as anything.
Three of them, even. Eidolon Alpha is a high-powered neoclassical fantasy campaign with a vaguely Greek-mythological feel, and Trace 2.0 is a campaign around attempting to repair both the infrastructure and society of a community damaged by endemic corruption, crime and terroristic violence.

Remove ads