What the #%*+ are Forum XP?!

I think the title says it all, friends. Been awarded XP twice now, and curious how much a i need to level up to a 2nd Level Forum--uh, Forumer, I guess??...

Forum XP are a form of gamification which Enworld uses to build its brand and try to addict you to coming here more often. They're a lot like Facebook likes in that respect: designed for the web site owner's benefit, not yours. I recommend turning them off, or at least turning off the visible "ranking" of users that Enworld gives my default, to lessen the temptation to pursue "likes" and XP.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Forum XP are a form of gamification which Enworld uses to build its brand and try to addict you to coming here more often. They're a lot like Facebook likes in that respect: designed for the web site owner's benefit, not yours. I recommend turning them off, or at least turning off the visible "ranking" of users that Enworld gives my default, to lessen the temptation to pursue "likes" and XP.
Bold words from #14 in XP. :)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
If you like someone's post, give him or her XP. If you think someone's post is funny, give him or her a Laugh. There is a ranking of forum posters for both given and received. Click the XP Statistics link near the top of the page. The more posts you make and XP you receive, the higher your level goes (e.g. Novice versus Grandfather of Assassins). There may be more to it, but that's what I know.

And if you disagree with a post please don't laugh at it. If you disagree, post your disagreement or remain silent. Laughing at sincere posts is rude IMHO.

Jabborwacky

First Post
I think the title says it all, friends. Been awarded XP twice now, and curious how much a i need to level up to a 2nd Level Forum--uh, Forumer, I guess??...

By the power of J. J. Abrams' non-existent mullet, I grant thee XP! You can grant xp to posts by pressing the "Give XP for this post" button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Well, at least I am exceptionally droll, according to that leaderboard. :)

Edit: oh, wait, I was looking at "Laughs given" not "Laughs received." Apparently I'm not as funny as I think. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads