• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What to buy B&B or SCoT?

spidertrag

First Post
I'm picking up Egyptian Adventures: Hamunatra from amazon---I get to add another book, but i cant decide between Bastards & Bloodlines & Sharn: City of Towers---please help!:)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
spidertrag said:
I'm picking up Egyptian Adventures: Hamunatra from amazon---I get to add another book, but i cant decide between Bastards & Bloodlines & Sharn: City of Towers---please help!:)
Well, I'm quite fond of Bastards and Bloodlines. On the other hand, I do not play Ebberon at all, so I've no experience with Sharn, and can't really compare them.

B&B is a solid work.

CSB046

First Post
I'll second the vote for Bastards & Bloodlines. Fun book.

(Note that I do own and plan to run Eberron, and I have Sharn: City of Towers. It's a good book, but it's a little dry and I'm not sure how portable it would be for a non-Eberron campaign.)

Last edited:

Eremite

Explorer
I have to second CSB046's comment that S:CoT is very dry. I have yet to read more than a few pages without falling asleep. Having said that, I'm sure it's very good... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Henry

Autoexreginated
My vote's for Sharn, but I'm running an Eberron Game and I'm biased. :)

The best thing I can say is if you are running an Eberron game, it's a must-have, because of the snapshot of not just sharn, but the interaction of cultures and what it implies about the other cultures of Khorvaire. But if you're looking for something more generic, it may not be for you.

Gez

First Post
If you intend to use both of these books together, I kinda suspect B&B will be easier to use in Hamanuptra than the city of Sharn... :)

But having read neither yet, I cannot comment more.

Remove ads