What was your first ever D&D product?

dicecapades

First Post
I played with my brother and his friends at first, so I used all their books. The first thing that was actually mine was the D&D coloring book, a birthday present when I was 7 or 8. I saved my allowances and bought all the TSR Endless Quest books too. The first actual D&D game thing I bought was adventure module b4: the forgotten city, followed by my own copy of the red box basic set (the one book version, with a copy of b2: keep on the borderlands in it).

Ruined

Explorer
1st ed. DMG. I wanted Dungeons & Dragons, and that was the book that caught the most interest at the store. Too bad it didn't specify that you really needed the PHB to understand it all. :D

But oh, it was the best purchase ever...

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
The D&D Expert Set (4th Printing, I think - Blue Box w/Elmore art of a mounted fighter charging a dragon on the cover) started it for me. I also got DA1 - Adventures in Blackmoor.

Ah, memories... we played out of those books for a year or so before getting a buttload of modules and the rest of the boxed sets. A year or so after that, I got the FF, MM, DMG, PHB (1st edition) and a small paperback version of D&Dg (curse my luck, I lost that one).

Have since accumulated enough RPG products to fill a couple of 10' high bookshelves and then some... to say nothing of my hard disk's PDF collection... ;-)

--The Sigil

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I was given by a friend who had progressed to AD&D the Moldvay edition of the Basic set + Keep on the Borderlands.

The first product I bought was D3 - Vault of the Drow.

I used to borrow the AD&D books a lot from friends in those days. :)

Cheers!

Tetsubo

First Post
My first ever D&D product was the 1st edition Players Handbook (first printing). My first ever non-D&D product was 1st edition Gamma World, which I still own. :D

Remove ads