What will you do in your old age?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have some single malt scotch at home, as well as some Tennessee ale. I so rarely drink though, it will probably last me at least another year.

Ryujin

Legend
Everybody has a random anecdote like that. Whatever you do, don't bet your life on an anecdote.

There are no guarantees in life. But odds are a real thing. Living healthy improves your odds.

You're gambling, whatever you do. Stacking the deck doesn't guarantee you'll win, but it improves your odds.

That said, unhealthy things are fun! Quality of life is as important as length of life. I quit smoking 5 years ago. I exercise most days, and always have. I do binge drink at the weekends, which is my main vice.

Yep, it's all a numbers game. There's always some guy who says that he'd have died in a crash if he'd been wearing a seatbelt, but your odds of living are a lot better if you're wearing one. Anecdotal evidence isn't reliable, in and of itself.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I don't base anything I do, on what somebody else does or doesn't do, I make my own choices on everything, on whatever seems be smartest for me at the time. I have some fun and unhealthy habits too, but everything in moderation (even moderating too much healthy living).

bone_naga

Explorer
I will probably turn my home into a zombie apocalypse fortress, create all the awesome 3D gaming pieces that I want but don't have the time or space for right now, build an obstacle course on my property, shoot guns in my backyard, and yell at kids to get off my lawn.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
American Association of Retired Persons.

It's a powerful political lobby, created to look out for the interests of people who have left the work force, and who may therefore need governmental help in sustaining them when they are no longer suited to provide for themselves.

In practice, it tilts the political playing field to the financial advantage of older members of society, such as I am.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
American Association of Retired Persons.

It's a powerful political lobby, created to look out for the interests of people who have left the work force, and who may therefore need governmental help in sustaining them when they are no longer suited to provide for themselves.

In practice, it tilts the political playing field to the financial advantage of older members of society, such as I am.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ll-you-do-in-your-old-age/page3#ixzz3eHGLrPlA
I've been getting their mailings for maybe 10 years (since before age 40), though not so much in recent years. I often wonder how/why they picked up on me so early.

Bullgrit

Remove ads