• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Wizard subclasses do you play?

What wizard traditions (subclasses) do you play?

• Chronurgy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graviturgy

• Invention

• Lore Mastery

• Onomancy

• Scribes

• Runecrafter

• Technomancy

• Theurgy

• Other. Please explain in your response.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
This is a simple poll just out of curiosity really after the discussions about Wizard subclasses in the Survivor thread.

You can choose up to three options. Please only select options you ACTUALLY play, not just ones you LIKE. Thanks!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
In the few times I've got to play I have run an Evoker, mainly because I was testing dndbeyond and that's what I had access to; a bladesinger because they're cool; and currently a war mage because I like the subclass and needed some extra defence/initiative bonuses for my 10 dex dwarf.

I also really like and want to play an abjurer because I like the idea of the shield; and a diviner which is actually my back up character for one campaign.

jgsugden

Legend
If I am going to be a player in a long running campaign, and I want to play a wizard, I am looking for one that will have a lot of utility in and out of combat. For me, that boils down to Bladesinger, Illusionist and Enchanter. They're the most fun ...

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I've only played a few characters in 5e (I mostly run games), but the two I played were a Divination Wizard for a three-year campaign, and a Necromancy Wizard for a one-shot.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I am resisting the urge to hit other and type Bard or Cleric :)

But seriously, I assume I've played a Wizard or Magic User at some point since 1981... but I have no memory of it.

Shadowdweller00

Adventurer
More than three. Just not any at the moment, though will be playing War Wizard in an upcoming game? Eager to try out Diviner and Abjurer for more than a one-shot. Illusionist, Diviner, Conjurer prolly my favorites so far.

Remove ads