Level Up (A5E) What would you call a 'Warlord' class? (+)

What would you call a 'Warlord' class?

• Warlord

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Commander

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Marshall

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Tactician

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • General

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Leader

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Captain

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Envoy

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Sheriff

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Warden

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 9 7.0%

Voadam

Legend
To match up and ID conceptually to the 4e Warlord class Warlord seems the best name to me.

Warlord connotations are all about how you define the term. You can define it as just negative ones or you could think of Alexander the Great and King Arthur as positive examples. Similar to Hermione Granger as a not negative witch.

I'd definitely prefer sticking to warlord. Constantly changing a classes name around ensures that is will always fail to stick in the collective consciousness, and will therefore lack staying power between editions.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Don't be silly, the whole point is that they're non-magical.

"Very Emphatically Not-Magical Shouty Warrior"
Oh yes I forgot, them sealing wounds by shouting is a non-magical perfectly ordinary everyday thing. Like making soup, or mind control lasers.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Roll 1d6
1. Skirmish
2. Tussel
3. Brawl
4. Combat
5. Strike
6. Crusade

Roll 1d6
1. boss
2. chief
3. commander
4. overseer
5. authority
6. major

Let's see...

Skirmishmajor

Brawlboss

Tusselchief
Hehehehehe
well battle is thesaurus.coms first synonym for war and master the first for lord as a noun.

Remathilis

Legend
To match up and ID conceptually to the 4e Warlord class Warlord seems the best name to me.

Warlord connotations are all about how you define the term. You can define it as just negative ones or you could think of Alexander the Great and King Arthur as positive examples. Similar to Hermione Granger as a not negative witch.
I mean, the first one I thought of is Warlords of Mars.

Remove ads