• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to play?

Pinotage

Explorer
Seem like there's overwhelming support for some sort of hack 'n slash multiple level dungeon crawl kind of thing, with the only point of contention being the level to start at. In my experience the games I've played in or DM'd finish an adventure every 6 months. The Shackled City game I'm in started at 1st level and we're now 6th level, having finished 3 adventures after 1.5 years. So, leveling is going to be every 3-4 months.

For what it's worth, in PbP games I tend to reduce combat encounters and make up for the lost XP by handing out roleplaying awards - essentially it means XP is about 1:1 with combat and roleplaying. Mind you, if we're all just after kill the bad guys and take their stuff, then perhaps I should rethink this! :D

Pinotage

Dekana

Explorer
My vote goes for starting at low level (1st if possible, but I'd go up to around 5th if we need to reach a compromise).

Pinotage

Explorer
Bump!

Still interested in getting people's view on what games they'd like to play and what adventures they're hoping to play in.

Pinotage

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Pinotage said:
Bump!

Still interested in getting people's view on what games they'd like to play and what adventures they're hoping to play in.

Pinotage
Sidewinder: Rercoiled. It has been a very long time since I played a wesern, it would be fun tio get into it again.

T20: Traveller. Science fiction; gods, I haven't played a SciFi game since GenCon '05.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Ooh, ooh!

Other things that I would like to play, but am extremely unlikely to (given their niche appeal):

d20 Fading Suns
d20 Slaine
d20 Wheel of Time
Runequest (new edition)
Castles and Crusades (only have the quick start rules)

Phew!

Pinotage

Explorer
Lorthanoth said:
Ooh, ooh!

Other things that I would like to play, but am extremely unlikely to (given their niche appeal):

d20 Fading Suns
d20 Slaine
d20 Wheel of Time
Runequest (new edition)
Castles and Crusades (only have the quick start rules)

Phew!

:D At this time, though, I'm only looking at d20 Fantasy/3.5e games to run at some point in the next couple of months when my other games I'm running finish.

Pinotage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads