Whatever happened to....?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
LL I believe stopped playing D&D and as Gary told me "went back to playing bridge". Although if he has written for Dragonsfoot maybe he's aware of the rise of "old school" gaming.

Len Lakofka has indeed contribute quite a bit recently. He wrote several articles that have appeared in the e-zine Footprints.

He also wrote L4 (and I believe also L5) a huge follow-up in the Lendore Isles series... this material has unfortunately been in editorial limbo for years, but i believe that the Dragonsfoot production team has made progress on it recently.

goodmangames

First Post
Both Erol Otus and Zeb Cook contributed to our upcoming Dungeon Alpabet, along with Jeff Easley, Jim Roslof, and Jim Holloway.

GMG4385minicover.jpg

More info at Goodman Games

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I've always wondered what Graeme Morris (Night's Dark Terror, When a Star Falls) and Carl Sargent (Iuz the Evil, The Marklands) were up to. Those two did some excellent work.

I've always wondered what Graeme Morris (Night's Dark Terror, When a Star Falls) and Carl Sargent (Iuz the Evil, The Marklands) were up to. Those two did some excellent work.
Dragon #359 stated that Carl Sargent had some kind of accident while traveling on the road during the mid-90s and nothing was ever heard of him again since then, but I would like to know if anyone around here has any other bit of information gathered since the time that article was published (2007).

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
i think Harold Johnson was only recently retired from WotC.

I would like to know what happened with Harold Johnson. He helped to shape the world of Dragonlance. I'd love to interview him at some point. I don't think he's been with WotC since 2000, though. Last thing I can find credits for is the 3.0 PHB and DMG.

Whatever happened to Rick Swan?

Thanael

Explorer
Dragon #359 stated that Carl Sargent had some kind of accident while traveling on the road during the mid-90s and nothing was ever heard of him again since then, but I would like to know if anyone around here has any other bit of information gathered since the time that article was published (2007).
Yep Carl Sargent vanished quite mysteriously... ;-) Sargent holds a PhD in psychology (or experimental parapsychology), and some of his experiments are hotly debated.

See:
Carl Sargent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Where's Carl Sargent? (an interesting 13 page thread on gleemax which gets into Sargent's PSI research in the end)

Also, interesting info about Roger Moore up there. I hadn't known that.

Similarly Steven Kurtz who authored some Al'Qadim material and the awesome Complete Necromancer's Handbook also dropped out of the hobby. I once asked Wolfgang Baur if he knew what Kurtz was doind these days and if he wouldn't get involved in Open Design. Here's what Wolfgang answered:
Wolfgang Baur said:
Steve Kurtz and I still keep in occasional contact, but we are on opposite coasts. He lives near Philadephia, is restoring a very large Victorian house, and has 4 children and no time for writing. He did visit the Alhambra en familie, though, so he still has his interest in Arabic/Moorish culture and history.
(I hope it's ok to quote this here...)

mhensley

First Post
I'd like to know what happened to some of those great dungeon magazine contributors like Thomas Zuvich, Randy Maxwell, Ann Dupuis, and Willie Walsh.

Remove ads