• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what's a good magical weapon for a lower level ranger

Draven

First Post
my ranger is of third level and the rest of our party has been given a new weapon but i am having a hard time deciding on what to give him any help would be appreciated

iblis

First Post
Draven said:
my ranger is of third level and the rest of our party has been given a new weapon but i am having a hard time deciding on what to give him any help would be appreciated

IMHO? None at all. Masterwork at best for 3rd's. Screw the lot of them. :p

Otherwise, apart from some ancient-memory-ish thing that makes me want to suggest a bastard sword of some kind, I'd go for a composite longbow +1 (a darn nice weapon for anything that can use it) or I suppose, given the apparent context, whatever bonus you can get away with! ;)

But there really is far too little info to base advice on, so

?

Korgan26

First Post
If it's an archer forget the +1 bow get a mty comp that helps you take advantage of your strenght

Z

Last edited:

Thalantor

First Post
A heward's handy haversack and screw the weaponry? ;)

Otherwise a Wand of Greater Magic Weapon (CL 6)? That way you have magic weapons galore.

Draven

First Post
he is a three weapon ranger two handaxes, a scemitar, and a longbow. i thought about something with a form of elemental damage.

Draven said:
he is a three weapon ranger two handaxes, a scemitar, and a longbow. i thought about something with a form of elemental damage.
I think the question was; what class ability path did you follow; archery or TWF?

Sounds a bit like the 3rd level ranger I'm using right now; I took the TWF, but have taken archery feats as regular feats anyway. Masterwork longsword, shortword and masterwork longbow for me.

Magical weapons at 3rd level seems kinda monty haulish. ;)

Remove ads