• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's going on in Taos?

cuteasaurus

First Post
While we don't know JC's character is "compelled" we might at least be able to note (IC) that his behavior with respect to getting the manuscript has been "weird."

The_Universe

First Post
If you rolled a sense motive check with a reasonably low DC, I think you could make that conclusion, yes. He's certainly not been his normally logical (and team-oriented) self. Though I suppose you haven't really known him long enough to determine which is "normal" behavior for him, and which is "weird."

Laurel

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
And we no longer have the saddle-bag with the secret compartment because it was on Kat's horse and that horse got eaten?
Well, the saddlebag still exists. It probably wasn't on the horse when it got eaten.
hmmm... didn't know poor bella.... :(

And since I haven't been asked to roll a new character I can only assume Demeter wasn't eaten/killed....:uhoh:

Last edited:

cuteasaurus

First Post
Hehe, Demeter's safe. We had made camp and then were attacked by these dire wolves and one of them went after the horses. Kennon rolled and the horse that got attacked was yours. :(

Has anyone "filled you in" on what has happened in the last session? If not, maybe we can try and recount it in this thread. :)

Laurel

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Hehe, Demeter's safe. We had made camp and then were attacked by these dire wolves and one of them went after the horses. Kennon rolled and the horse that got attacked was yours. :(

Has anyone "filled you in" on what has happened in the last session? If not, maybe we can try and recount it in this thread. :)
I'll double check, but I don't think there's been an update. Since I am still questionable for the next session as well, I was putting off asking. It may help everyone in filtering through events and working things out though in any case :)

And Demeter will just have to get a new horse- "Bill the Pony" who's actually a horse :]

cuteasaurus

First Post
A summary of events (note, this is what happened and does not nec. take into account what individual characters do or do not know):

We made camp after running away from the calvary. We took turns with watch and during the Nurse and Fred's stint, we were attacked by dire wolves. A fight ensued and at the end of the night we were lucky to have lost only one horse and gained dire wolf pelts and jerky. ;) During the course of the fight two priests come to our aid. Keaton's character and Chris' character. I can't remember Keaton's name...but Chris called himself Father Malarky. They had a wagon, which was nice since we were even shorter on horses than we were before. In the morning we start out for the Mission (they were going there anyway) and JC's character was scouting ahead. I was in front of the wagon and Mik and Gertie were on a horse behind the wagon while everyone else was "on board." Poor Wu is stuck hiding under the pelts at one pt because everyone is looking for her. While scouting, JC alerts the ppl who are digging (at the base of olive trees for the manscript pages). When we all finally get there, Chris and Gertie do some "fast-talking" to get us permission to help dig (because they think we've been sent by Fred's father). We notice JC's character slinking away and so Keaton and Chris go up to the buildings with him while the rest of us pretend to look around the olive grove. Up in the mission, Chris provides a distraction while Keaton and JC search for the manuscript pages behind the altar. However, there is a scuffle between Keaton's character and some other person and shots are fired. At this pt, I jump on my horse to come help and the wagon isn't too far behind. Mik and Gertie stay behind to "intimidate" the diggers.
As the guards/soldiers/etc come to check out the shots, Chris convinces him they ran the other way. I trample some ppl and eventually we pick up Keaton and JC (with the manuscript pages). Chris has buddied up to a high-level "bad guy" and so wants to be left behind to keep getting info (Sorry! I forgot the guy's name!!). End Scene.

Remove ads