• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's my caster level?

JDragon

Explorer
Need help making sure I have my caster level correct for the following character.

Savage Bard 2 (UA) / Human Paragon 3 (UA) / Ur-Priest 2 / Mystic Thuerg 7

I know the Bard is 2 (bard) + 2 (HP) +7 (MT) = 11th / with out feats

The Ur-Priest is the tough one...

Ur-Priest (2) + MT (7) + 1/2 other non-divine Spell Casting class. = 11 or 14

What do you all think?

Thanks

JD

Tiberius

Explorer
Not being familiar with the Ur-Priest (beyond "9ths before level 17? Bad monkey! No biscuit!"), I'd go with 11. The Mystic Theurge does provide divine spellcasting progression, and would seem to be ineligible to further boost the Ur-Priest caster level.

rgard

Adventurer
JDragon said:
Need help making sure I have my caster level correct for the following character.

Savage Bard 2 (UA) / Human Paragon 3 (UA) / Ur-Priest 2 / Mystic Thuerg 7

I know the Bard is 2 (bard) + 2 (HP) +7 (MT) = 11th / with out feats

The Ur-Priest is the tough one...

Ur-Priest (2) + MT (7) + 1/2 other non-divine Spell Casting class. = 11 or 14

What do you all think?

Thanks

JD

It's 14, otherwise the class is slightly nerfed.

JDragon

Explorer
Tiberius said:
Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at this number?

Well per the PrC for determining Ur-Priest caster level you add 1/2 (rounded down) of any other non-divine casters, caster level.

Since the Bard is arcane and 11the, half of that is 5 plus the 2 UP + 7 MT = 14.

This is what I thought but wanted to confirm with others before walking in to the game.

Now I just need to find a feat that allows me to add my Wis bonus to Reflex saves, one that does Fort would be cool to. My Reflex save just sucks right now. :cool:

Thanks

JD

boolean

Explorer
From Complete Divine:
To determine the caster level of an ur-priest, add the character's ur-priest levels to one-half of his levels in other spellcasting classes.

So, it's one-half his class levels, not one-half his caster level.

Remove ads