What's new in music?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I am finding much of my music is from 2010 or earlier. Like, Band of Horses The Funeral I was hearing it the other day and going - "I love this new song" (released 2005 😲 😂 )

What are you listening to that was published since Skrillex was popular (2011 on)?

I’m open to trying all genres, from classical to hip hop to country to metal to deeply experimental, and everything in between. Also, I'm open to musicians whose career began before the 'tens, but would like suggestions of songs or albums they released from ~2011 onward. As an example, I'm listening to David Bowie's final album Blackstar and enjoying it. His songwriting is still :chefkiss: but I can tell his vocal power is somewhat diminished. But I'm so glad to be engaging with it.

Anyway - what's new out there? What's exciting for your ears these days?

Spotify/Pandora playlists, Youtube videos, bandcamp/soundcloud links or just the names of bands or songs it's all great.

pukunui

Legend
Weezer are putting out a series of four EPs this year based around the four seasons. So far they've done spring, summer, and autumn, with winter still to come.

Here's the lead single off the Spring EP:

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Folk metal, at this point, has almost become a universal thing. Fusing traditional instruments and musical styles with heavy metal, hard rock or the blues has become a fairly common practice.

- Danny already posted Tinariwen, a Tuareg band playing the blues in their native language.
-The Hu are a hugely popular Mongolian band combining traditional Mongolian throat singing and the horsehead fiddle with modern hard rock.
- Bloodywood are a Hindu nu-metal band reminiscent of Rage Against the machine and Suicidal Tendencies. Their lyrics alternate between messages of hope and calling out political B.S...

Remove ads