What's new in music?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
kinda cheese, more than kinda retro, but still new. Some of their stuff feels like retro cyberpunk jams, if that makes sense

This whole album is perfect. One of the best albums put out during the pandemic.

IMO the best power metal band making music today, and this is their best album yet.

HEre is their most stereotypical powermetal song:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
kinda cheese, more than kinda retro, but still new. Some of their stuff feels like retro cyberpunk jams, if that makes sense

This whole album is perfect. One of the best albums put out during the pandemic.

IMO the best power metal band making music today, and this is their best album yet.

Oh Hayley Williams and Unleash the Archers, YERSH!

I like their sound. They are power metal but also seem grounded in more classic metal (believe Britney Slayes has mentioned being influenced by Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson as a singer, which I think are cool influences).

They also do some very interesting things. This is an older song but I love the song writing around the vocal harmonies (it just struck me as interesting when I first heard the track on the album):

And the vocals on this one from their first album are just so intense when she gets those higher notes (almost like a Cirith Ungol intensity to it):

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Strawhatz is not so much a BAND as a visual performance group. They combine stylized dance with modern music- mostly techno, j-pop, and even some metal. Most of the time, you lose something if you only listen to their stuff as opposed to watching their videos. This is the second video they did for this piece, hence the name.

Remove ads