What's new with SW lately? Is it dying?

DarkSoldier

First Post
The release date for Ep3 has been May 2005 since around the time of AotC's release, possibly even before.

The Clone Wars lasted three years, and pretty much all the EU material that's being published will focus on events of the Clone Wars; it's playing out in "real time," and Ep3 will have the end of the Clone Wars, the end of the Republic, and the rise of the Galactic Empire.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
d20Dwarf said:
When did this happen?

Or for a more precise answer; as soon as Lucas decided to do another three movies.

The movies have always been released in three year intervals.

A New Hope, 1977.
The Empire Strikes Back, 1980.
Return of The Jedi, 1983.
---
The Phantom Menace, 1999.
Attack Of The Clones, 2002.
Impending Disappointment, 2005.

d4

First Post
there's an "Enemies" book a la Menace Manual coming out in 2004 for SW. then's there the aforementioned minis. (woo hoo!)

there's a "Geonosis and Outer Rim Worlds" planned as well (or has that already come out?).

we're still getting stuff for SW, though at the usual slow pace. i don't mind. the last two books we got (the Galactic Campaign Guide and the Hero's Guide) were excellent.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hmm. I'm curious.

Didn't Lucas' ILM do some consulting work on the CG effect for WETA Digital? I mean, I heard rumors that they have at least left a "footprint" on the LOTR film.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hmm. I'm curious.

Didn't Lucas' ILM do some consulting work on the CG effect for WETA Digital? I mean, I heard rumors that they have at least left a "footprint" on the LOTR film.

I thought on the Extended DVD they mention Skywalker ranch assisting with sound effects or something like that, I definately remember what you're talking about, but don't remember WHAT they were referring to. :confused:

d4

First Post
i also don't remember the exact details... but i think it was something like Weta was running out of time getting the shots done so they contracted a few out to ILM to get it all under the deadline.

or something like that?

midknight12

First Post
I tell you what I am amazed at is the lack of Clone War supplements. From what I have read from other sources, they had video games, books and even animated shorts to tell the stories of the Clone Wars since the third movie takes place at the end. I am suprised they didn't have WotC put out products that pertained to the Clone Wars.

I might be wrong, since I don't folow it that closely. However, I haven't heard anything that pertained to this time period that is going to come from WotC.

d4

First Post
i haven't heard anything either, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get a Clone Wars sourcebook in 2005 right before the next movie.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Personally, I don't think the Clone War have started yet. We've only seen the precursor to the war between the Republic and the Secessionists.

All other who have started on the "clone war" bandwagon are probably making non-canon products at the blessing of Lucasfilm. Wizards wants to make their product more canon to the film since they will provide information extracted from the movies, so they won't second-guess nor spoil what will happen in the third and final Prequel film (besides the obvious Anakin-turning-into-Vader stuff).

The best you'll get is more information about Geonosis: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/swrpgacc/888870000

RodneyThompson

First Post
A Clone Wars Sourcebook was announced at GenCon this year. Christopher Perkins mentioned going to the Ranch to meet with the Lucasfilm people and read the script/see animatics so the book would be able to cover Episode III as well.

Remove ads