What's NOT being fixed in 3.5?

RigaMortus

Explorer
Mounted Combat rules for "unusual" mounts...

Ex:

A Gnome with a Light Lance sitting on the shoulders of an Ogre who charges an enemy. How would this work? Could the Gnome use Mounted Combat so that the Ogre can avoid being hit? Do you need Ride: Ogre as a skill? Can you Trample with the Ogre? Ride-By Attack?

Olive

Explorer
Drake_DM said:
Firstly, the fact that sorcerors look to be pretty crappy. I'd like them to have charisma skills, d6 hp, 4 skill points per level and more spells known.
<snip>
Third the fact that the ranger will be restricted to certain types of weapons - I'd like an agile combat path.

I have theorised in other places that WotC don't want to take ideas off of other developers for their core classes. In this case, Monte Cook has made a bonus feat based ranger and a sorceror with most of those changes (not the bonus spells IFIRC).

I have a feeling that if someone else hadn't done them, then we'd be seeing those things. As it is, Monte has, and so we're not seeing them in the core editions.

Dark Eternal

First Post
Particle_Man said:
I think that half-elves will not be helped out any, so that only roleplayers will play them.

Huh? Um... ok - this isn't an intentional hijack. But...

I thought only 'roleplayers' played 'role-playing games' to begin with??? :confused: :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with the half-elf, in my (and my gaming groups) experience. You are, of course, more than welcome to have a differing opinion. But - if you're playing D&D, and you're not a roleplayer... what the heck are you?!?

Olive

Explorer
RigaMortus said:
Mounted Combat rules for "unusual" mounts...

Ex:

A Gnome with a Light Lance sitting on the shoulders of an Ogre who charges an enemy. How would this work? Could the Gnome use Mounted Combat so that the Ogre can avoid being hit? Do you need Ride: Ogre as a skill? Can you Trample with the Ogre? Ride-By Attack?

this was in Dragon very recently, and might have made it into the A&EG (not sure about that last bit).

TalonComics

First Post
Dark Eternal said:

Huh? Um... ok - this isn't an intentional hijack. But...

I thought only 'roleplayers' played 'role-playing games' to begin with??? :confused: :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with the half-elf, in my (and my gaming groups) experience. You are, of course, more than welcome to have a differing opinion. But - if you're playing D&D, and you're not a roleplayer... what the heck are you?!?

Well, there are roleplayers and then there are "roleplayers." The first one usually being referred to as "rollplayers" ie. those whose character's background is pretty much on the character sheet. Usually if there's any kind of character interaction it consists of "my character tells your character to check to see if he brought any spare underwear."
Roleplayers would be the ones who actually have a pre-existing history, background and motivation for their character. They also usually roleplay in first person such as: "Hey Amphy? I forgots to wear my undies today. Can I borrow some of yours?"

That's how I see it.

~D

Illuminae

First Post
Level-based Defense points (a la d20 modern and Whell of Time) as an optional rule...

those rules give sommuch more freedom on character concept creation...

barbarians with no armor and still able to dodge some blows....

no magic item dependence effects for us low magic lovers...

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Re: Re: personal grip

Olive said:

but this is you think right? not you know?

Alo isn't a native English speaker, and despite that :)p) he's got a pretty bad track record for typos (when I'm not behind his shoulder telling him the corrections). Plus, our new keyboard is a bit capricious in its definition of what a pressed key is. We're often disagreeing with it on that question, its views being a bit radical.

Green Knight

First Post
and you roll for auto-stabilization every minute, rather than every rounds.

So you want it to take people 9 minutes to bleed to death? That was something which they specifically pointed out as something they wanted to fix from 2E to 3E. Hence 6 second rather than 1 minute rounds. And I'm glad they changed that. It's stupid for someone to be gutted like a stuck pig, reduced to -1 HP, and end up bleeding to death for 9 minutes. Or conversely, someone reduced to -9 HP. It should take them 1 minute to die? Someone that close to death ought to expire almost immediately.

Remove ads