What's NOT being fixed in 3.5?

D'karr

Adventurer
I don't know what they are NOT fixing. But I can tell you two things that they are fixing....

RANGERS AND PALADINS... Woo Hoo.

Never to see another thread about how broken rangers are...

If only they could leave Harm, Heal, Haste, Shield and Polymorph alone...

GameGuru4

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hmm. What's not going to be fixed, or added, is a system in which we can create hybrids, or halfbreeds, like the half-elf. While template is a nice idea, I'm kinda looking for something in which we pick and choose the racial traits for hybrid races, with balanced allowances and restrictions. Wizards should have been on the case regarding this one.

Oh, well. I have yet to see what Bastards & Bloodlines have to offer, albeit as a d20 product.

Take a look at Mongoose Publishing's "Encyclopaedia Arcane : Crossbreeding" - I haven't had a lot of time to look through it yet, but it may do exactly what you want, or nearly so.

L0rd_Dark0n

First Post
Sad to hear that the Half-Elf is not being fixed. IMC, Half-elves get one extra skill point at every level including first level. Not like the Humans that get an extra 4 skill points at first level. That seems to work out well, especially if they're playing a rogue. I'm considering giving them a bonus feat at first level, but one that only pertains to their racial abilities (like Alertness) or one that would be a direct benefit for their particular class. Like the fighter's or wizard's bonus feats.

F5

Explorer
I'd like to see new rules for Summoning spells, or at least new summon monster tables. There have been so many new creatures and templates put out (especially from Manual of the Planes) that it makes sense for a wizard to be able to summon, but they're not on the "official" list. And if there's some sort simple CR-based formula to make your own summoning lists, I haven't figured it out, yet...

Olive

Explorer
F5 said:
I'd like to see new rules for Summoning spells, or at least new summon monster tables. There have been so many new creatures and templates put out (especially from Manual of the Planes) that it makes sense for a wizard to be able to summon, but they're not on the "official" list. And if there's some sort simple CR-based formula to make your own summoning lists, I haven't figured it out, yet...

this was all covered recently in dragon.

Olive

Explorer
Merlion said:
Do you know what issue?

issue #302 - 'Magic' theme... pp. 24-28

Has expanded Summon Nature's Ally and Summons Monster lists, using Monsters of Faerun, MM2 and MotP, plus a break down of CRs appropriate to each level of spell and rules on expanding the lists.

Bill9842

First Post
Does anyone know some ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES that the barbarian (or half-orc) will recieve in the new 3.5 edition, because my character is a barbarian.

Kaffis

First Post
Re: Re: allow me to clarify

Elder-Basilisk said:

Arcane Archer and Bladesinger combos are the most obvious niches for the half-elf.

Ftr 4/Sor 2 Arcane Archer or Bladesinger. Better be a half-elf or you'll have xp penalties.

Ftr 4/Wiz 1/Rgr 1 (or Bbn 1) Arcane Archer or Bladesinger. You want to be a half-elf.

Ftr 2/Bbn 1/Rgr 1/Bard 4 Arcane Archer is another half-elf only class combo.

Most of the benefits to being a half-elf instead of an elf or human will probably involve heavily multi-classed prestige classes (or prestige class combos) requiring elf blood.

An argument could also be made for rangers or rogues since half-elf's favored class lets them multiclass like humans but they still get low-light vision and are able to function better at night. However, that's not something that comes up in most games.

While I think that the freedom from most multiclass penalties is pretty liberating for the Half-Elf, it's a feature that does nothing when a large percentage of DMs start a new campaign, and the first thing they do is Rule Zero the multiclass penalties away because they either cramp somebody's style (usually the Rng1\Rog3\Bar14, heh) or they're too lazy to enforce and/or calculate experience penalties.

Remove ads