• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's so special about being special?

Klaus

First Post
My campaign world is called Dirt. Dirt has two dungeons: the lair of the orc with pie, and the lair of the goblin at the end of the 50' corridor filled with green slime.

The city of The City has an armor shop, a weapons shop, a tavern that will only serve adventurers or mysterious patrons, a market square for local color, and a blatantly evil regent who rules over an oddly ambivalent population.

The City is threatened by the evil Gazebo, a nigh immortal foe who is the only one to successfully use the Head of Vecna.

Players may only pick character races and classes from the PHB, as PHB2 is far too special. The gods of this world (there are five -- one for each alignment) have decreed that the heroes will be challenged by every foe in the Monster Manual...in alphabetical order.

I need advice...how may I make my world truly bland?
The Dread Gazebo is far too special...

The City is ruled by Lord Noble, who harbors a Dark Secret: he is a thrall of Evil Mastermind! Mr. Mastermind ("Evil" to his friends) commands a Horde of Evil Humanoids (all named Humanoid #1, #2, #3...) that comes from the Cold North, through the Impassable Mountains. Mastermind is using Lord Noble to undermine coopoeration between the people of The City and the elves of The Forest, so the Horde of Evil Humanoids can wipe out the elves unchallenged. Before reaching The Forest, the Horde will have to circumvent the Dwarven Fortress that lies in the Impassable Mountains, or at least keep the dwarves from calling for help.

The City's only hope? The rag-tag band of adventurers called The Rag-Tag Band. This unique group composed of The Human, The Elf, The Dwarf and The Half-Orc can bridge the untrusting communities in an Alliance Against Evil.

Metaphorazine

First Post
The Dread Gazebo is far too special...

The City is ruled by Lord Noble, who harbors a Dark Secret: he is a thrall of Evil Mastermind! Mr. Mastermind ("Evil" to his friends) commands a Horde of Evil Humanoids (all named Humanoid #1, #2, #3...) that comes from the Cold North, through the Impassable Mountains. Mastermind is using Lord Noble to undermine coopoeration between the people of The City and the elves of The Forest, so the Horde of Evil Humanoids can wipe out the elves unchallenged. Before reaching The Forest, the Horde will have to circumvent the Dwarven Fortress that lies in the Impassable Mountains, or at least keep the dwarves from calling for help.

The City's only hope? The rag-tag band of adventurers called The Rag-Tag Band. This unique group composed of The Human, The Elf, The Dwarf and The Half-Orc can bridge the untrusting communities in an Alliance Against Evil.

This will work perfectly if the first NPC (and every subsequent one) knows all about Lord Noble's Evil Secret, and briefs the PCs accordingly.

Hereticus

First Post
The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket (I'm special)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsatKLmm70]YouTube - The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket[/ame]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSsatKLmm70&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tSsatKLmm70&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Remove ads