What's the biggest RPG product ever?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Out of curiosity - what is the single biggest RPG product ever made? Ptolus is 650 pages or so, I believe? Is there anything else that size?

(I'm not counting serial products or those sold in parts - I'm thinking along the lines of a single, large book. One single product, largest number of pages.)

The reason I ask is because I'm currently organising the WotBS hardcover version, and I think it *may* be in for a shot at the title (it's well over a year away, though). We're looking at roughly 800 pages for that, give or take.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nightfall said:
Do box sets count?

I don't see why not, as long as they're sold as one unit. I guess that makes this two questions then:

1) What's the single biggest product (including boxed sets)?

2) What's the single biggest book?

I guess (2) is what I'm more interested in, but (1) is interesting stuff to know, too!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I'm not 100% sure but I think Wilderness by Necromancer Games is bigger than Rappan Athuk Reloaded. But then again I don't have either so my basis might be off. Then of course there's the upcoming release, City of Brass box set...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Voadam said:
That d20 era Arduin Campaign Setting I belive. Khalis? Or something like that.

Ah yes - that one's 860 pages long. It's a monster!

[Edit - I see elsewhere that it's actually 821 pages - can anyone confirm?]

[Edit 2 - OK, confirmed. World's Largest Dungeon still appears to hold the title.]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Mark said:
The SRD 3.5 Revised is over 3,500 pdf pages.

No print on demand option? ;)

Considering I own and use your srd pdf I guess I should have thought of it. Whether bundle pdf products count is a little bit of a definitional issue. Yours is sold as one unit, but is multiple pdfs. I'm guessing the OP is actually asking about physical products only though.

Remove ads