• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's up with Dundjinni?!!

rogerkernsmith

First Post
I purchased the software and a couple art packs several weeks ago. After receiving the license info via email, I was unable to download the product from their site. A search of the forums revealed I was not the only one having this problem. I contacted the company via email explaining my problem. About a week later I received a terse email asking if it would be okay to ship it out on disk. That was about a month ago. No disks have arrived and now they are not returning emails. Additionally their online store and forums are "closed." Anyone have an inside scoop on this mess?

heruca

Explorer
The Dundjinni website is moving to a new server. With any luck, you'll be able to download your files without a hitch once the new server is up and running, so there won't be a need for shipping a CD-ROM.

IronWolf

blank
The Dundjinni website is moving to a new server. With any luck, you'll be able to download your files without a hitch once the new server is up and running, so there won't be a need for shipping a CD-ROM.

Two weeks is a long time for a server move....

rogerkernsmith

First Post
Thanks for the info everyone. I am getting a bit nervous about getting screwed out of $100 dollars, but I like the product and would like to support a "little guy" company. I'll keep an eye on their site.

Still no response from them via email.

Plissken

Explorer
Rogerkernsmith, I have the latest setup file for the 1.07 version of Dundjinni. Tell me what art packs you have and if I have them I can also send them to you. Do you have a cd-key for the download version?

And yes, 2 weeks certainly is a long time for website migration. There's alot of data on the forums, with all the images people have been uploading over 7 years though, so maybe it should take that long? I don't know anything about website migration so I can't say much but as a consumer it's kind of annoying to not have access to all that great community made material.

Totte

First Post
Isn't the company itself a dead entity? I'm surprised they're still selling the product online at all.

Fluid sold Dundjinni some years back, but it still a living company AFAIK.
I really hope the migration will come to an end soon, and that it wasn't too much problems and costs involved so the entire project stops.

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
And yes, 2 weeks certainly is a long time for website migration. There's alot of data on the forums, with all the images people have been uploading over 7 years though, so maybe it should take that long? I don't know anything about website migration so I can't say much but as a consumer it's kind of annoying to not have access to all that great community made material.
It's abnormally long, to be sure. That being said, it's hardly a huge company with a lot of backups and resources, so it's possible that the you-know-what hit the fan when they were trying to migrate everything and it's tough to fix.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads