D&D 5E What's your #1 wish from the D&D community in 2018?

gyor

Legend
I want a FRCG or barring that a full map of Toril with details like cities.

I also second the call for a descent 5e video game with actual 5e mechanics.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I'd like the community to stop being hyper-serious about everything, relax, and have fun playing the game.

Greg K

Legend
1. The following 3e products adapted to 5e
  • Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Psychic as its own class
  • Shaman's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Shaman as its own class
  • Witch's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Witch as its own class
  • The Bestiary: Predators (Betabunny)
  • Experts 3.5 (Skirmisher Press)
  • From Stone to Steel (Monkey God Enterprises/High Moon Media)
  • Frost and Fur (Monkey God Enterprises/High Moon Media)
  • Insults and Injuries (Skirmisher Press)
  • Noble Steeds (Avalanche Press)
  • Poisoncraft (Blue Devil Games)

2. Owen Stephens writing 5e supplements
3. An adaption of the 3e Oriental Adventures Shaman as its own class.
4. A revised Monk class with 2e Oriental Adventures type Martial Arts styles, but actually written by someone with martial arts knowledge and whom has a "historian" approach to learning about different styles and ki/chi/mystical abilities associated with real world styles. I want on a product on the level of GURPS Martial Arts, Hero System's 4e Ultimate Martial Artist, RPGObjects's Blood and Fists for d20 Modern, Rolemaster Martial Arts Companion, and , to a slightly lesser extent, Palladium's Ninja's and Superspies. My issue with the current monk is that everyone throws unarmed/unarmored warrior under the monk class, because "martial arts and ki". A better approach in my opinion would be a more general martial artist class with Monk as an archetype or splitting the class into two or three classes (as done in Blood and Fists, Rolemaster Martial Arts Companion, and Ninja's and Superspies).

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
That well-made homebrew becomes as accepted within the greater community as "official" material.

It is not my #1 wish, but I would like to see this too- especially, since I consider a lot of homebrew that I have seen to be better than the supplemental material (and even some PHB material) that WOTC has put out with regards to classes, new subclasses, and additional rules options/variants.

happyhermit

Adventurer
1. The following 3e products adapted to 5e

• Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Psychic as its own class
  • Shaman's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Shaman as its own class
  • Witch's Handbook (Green Ronin) written by Steve Kenson and with the Witch as its own class
  • The Bestiary: Predators (Betabunny)
  • Experts 3.5 (Skirmisher Press)
  • From Stone to Steel (Monkey God Enterprises/High Moon Media)
  • Frost and Fur (Monkey God Enterprises/High Moon Media)
  • Insults and Injuries (Skirmisher Press)
  • Noble Steeds (Avalanche Press)
  • Poisoncraft (Blue Devil Games)

2. Owen Stephens writing 5e supplements
3. An adaption of the 3e Oriental Adventures Shaman as its own class.
4. A revised Monk class with 2e Oriental Adventures type Martial Arts styles, but actually written by someone with martial arts knowledge and whom has a "historian" approach to learning about different styles and ki/chi/mystical abilities associated with real world styles. I want on a product on the level of GURPS Martial Arts, Hero System's 4e Ultimate Martial Artist, RPGObjects's Blood and Fists for d20 Modern, Rolemaster Martial Arts Companion, and , to a slightly lesser extent, Palladium's Ninja's and Superspies. My issue with the current monk is that everyone throws unarmed/unarmored warrior under the monk class, because "martial arts and ki". A better approach in my opinion would be a more general martial artist class with Monk as an archetype or splitting the class into two or three classes (as done in Blood and Fists, Rolemaster Martial Arts Companion, and Ninja's and Superspies).

It is not my #1 wish, but I would like to see this too- especially, since I consider a lot of homebrew that I have seen to be better than the supplemental material (and even some PHB material) that WOTC has put out with regards to classes, new subclasses, and additional rules options/variants.

Wish-bloat, coming from a 3e fan... interesting :)

The Glen

Legend
Just open up the old settings to DM's Guild and such. There's a lot of people making content, even if WOTC doesn't want to touch Greyhawk, Mystara, Dragonlance and the rest, open it up and let us write stuff for the classic settings.

Remove ads