• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Mass Combat system?

BroccoliRage

First Post
I can't wait till i find that Heroes of Battle book so i can convert it to 1e! I've heard good things from other folks who have done this.

BATTLESYSTEM and CHAINMAIL are the two best, in my opinion, They are very in depth, though. Warhammer comes in close behind.

I would reccommend using Hero Scape, I devised a simple system in which certain figures represent seige equipment, cavalry, infantry, and the unit the PC's are with. If you are interested, email me.

There's a 3e book called, War. It's published by Alderac Entertainment Group, it's an OGL product. It's an interesting book, and includes an abstract system for mass combat. I assume you play 3e or 3.5 or whatever, so you may want to look into this product. I bought it on a whim, and it's been fairly interesting to read.

I also have an EXTREMELY fast and simple abstract system of my own, but I'll warn you: the body count will be high. IF you email me I'll gladly send it to you. I use this system when playing with folks who hate minis.

BroccoliRage@yahoo.com

Remove ads