D&D (2024) What's your favorites new subclass?

Scribe

Legend
If the World Tree barbarian got shamanic visions instead of attacking vines, it would be would be strong contender for one of my favorite subclasses. The barbarian could benefit from a dedicated warrior-shaman subclass.

I was making my next character, very into it, then I hit Groot Vines as a visual it and all just exploded. :D

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
If the World Tree barbarian got shamanic visions instead of attacking vines, it would be would be strong contender for one of my favorite subclasses. The barbarian could benefit from a dedicated warrior-shaman subclass.
Yeah the Wildheart kinda touches on it, but since they’ve moved away from it being related to spirits…🤷‍♂️
I was making my next character, very into it, then I hit Groot Vines as a visual it and all just exploded. :D
Since it doesn’t change your damage type, and there’s no indication you aren’t getting your weapon benefits, you could flavor it as spectral extensions of your arms, rather than something growing from your weapons?

Scribe

Legend
Yeah the Wildheart kinda touches on it, but since they’ve moved away from it being related to spirits…🤷‍♂️

Since it doesn’t change your damage type, and there’s no indication you aren’t getting your weapon benefits, you could flavor it as spectral extensions of your arms, rather than something growing from your weapons?
Yeah I'm trying to refluff it in my head. I still slammed it in the survey lol

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Circling back to that Level 10 World Tree ability.

Something like "As a bonus action you summon the roots and branches of the world tree to attack a creature you can see within 30' of you. This attack does (whatever is the proper amount) and can push or topped the creature."

Rather than an extension of your weapon, it's a new weapon with range. A weapon that can push your opponent closer to you so you can strike them again.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Circling back to that Level 10 World Tree ability.

Something like "As a bonus action you summon the roots and branches of the world tree to attack a creature you can see within 30' of you. This attack does (whatever is the proper amount) and can push or topped the creature."

Rather than an extension of your weapon, it's a new weapon with range. A weapon that can push your opponent closer to you so you can strike them again.
I wonder if something could be done with the barbarian and an AoE that causes creatures to make a save the first time they move away from the Barbarian or make an attack against a creature other than the barbarian on their turn, or they take a smallish but not trivial amount of damage, and are pulled closer to the barbarian.

If not, a field of difficult terrain for enemies, that gives allies cover or something and no difficult terrain.

Or just...let the Barbarian run on a spectral root of the tree to reach an enemy!

Remove ads