• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time?

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time? (Vote for up to 3)

• Birthright

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • Dragon Fist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 44 15.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • FR: Al-Qadim

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • FR: The Horde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FR: Kara-Tur

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • FR: Maztica

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 83 29.2%
  • Jakandor

• Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Lankhmar

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Mahasarpa

• Mystara

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Pelinore

• Planescape

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Thunder Rift

• Underdark

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Warcraft

• Wilderlands of High Fantasy

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Golarion

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Other (Write-In, Below)

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Poll closed .

scott2978

First Post
GH.... Wilderlands..

That said, my base is strictly OGB,..I have cut out all the BS. No ToT, No Drizzt or Drow running all around or under like colonies of ants, No Spellplague, no Lame Novels ,no "lets make it more angsty and powerful" 3e revisions, etc. No Chosen, no Spellfire, No NPCs becoming Gods or whatnot. My FR is very much a S&S or Wilderlands type of thing , just by my style of DMing I guess. I do use a couple 2e resources and one 3.5 resource for historical and regional details when I have liked what I read. Oh, and that new book Ed wrote last year...the Elminsters Guide to FR or whatever..best book WOTC has put out for FR since they have owned the property.

Sounds like you're saying "If you take all the FR stuff out of FR, it's awesome!". LOL

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
This is EXACTLY why FR is among my least favorite settings to play in.
What, no issue with its kitchen sink mentality or Mary Sue Elmunchkin? (The refusal to throw anything out hurt Eberron too, incidentally, when it could have been soooo cool.) I never had any run-ins with canon-obsessed fanboys, and since TSR chose to mess with the setting when it brought out 2e, I never thought anyone cared that much.

innerdude

Legend
I know you know this, but in the interest of the brand name article I just read, I feel obligated to point out the following:

Golarion is a Pathfinder setting!

No, it isn't -- the original Pathfinder Campaign Setting hardcover (which I own) was originally written for 3.5. Only later, after the actual Pathfinder RPG was released, did they update it to the Pathfinder-compatible Inner Sea World Guide.

pemerton

Legend
Greywawk

Oriental Adventures/Kara-Tur

Nentir Vale (cosmology and history as found across the 4e books, rather than the map and details in the DMG)

Belzbet

First Post
Planescape for sure I LOVE the planar dynamic... not to say other campaigns didnt have the planar dynamic but planescape is an awesome setting i wish they did one for 3.5e and 4e...

MidwayHaven

First Post
Does "Masque of the Red Death" count for a write-in?

(I also chose Rokugan just because its incarnation as a D&D world is just as awesome as its current RnK 4th edition incarnation.)

Remove ads