When characters loot the bodies of other characters

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I have taken a cue from Baldur's Gate 2, where higher level NPCs that could join your party often had equipment that could only be used by someone from that bloodline/Noble House/Incredibly exotic Class&Race combo.

So I give an item worth half the Starting Gp of a new character and it is basically unusable to anyone else but that character. They migth as well give it to someone.

the Jester

Legend
Just use a lot of sundering and other item destruction. It evens out, and if anyone whines too much about it, offer to use less item destruction if they agree to never loot a companion's body again.[/i] I have yet to see anyone take that kinda bait (then again, I haven't offered it, either.) If you do feel that you've gone overboard with item destruction, have the group total their gp values and see how it stacks up (on average) with the wealth by level table. In a high-fatality game, it works out pretty well in my experience.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I have taken a cue from Baldur's Gate 2, where higher level NPCs that could join your party often had equipment that could only be used by someone from that bloodline/Noble House/Incredibly exotic Class&Race combo.

Or the Jagged Alliance 2 Rocket Rifle! :)

-Hyp.

Kilmore

First Post
My party is such weenies about taking from the dead I've actually had to have the ghosts pop up and say "Take it you moron!"

Remove ads