• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When children were considered innocent

Ulvian

First Post
agreed

Lily,

I put my heart into what I do be it my work, or be it my play. I am not angry at you, nor am I angry at the lycans, I am more disapointed in them. You are correct that the boy has tough choices ahead, but even if he chooses to keep this "gift" then we should offer him many options on that as well. I hope you do not think my words of of spite or anger, for I have learned many moons ago to hold no malice in my heart.

Ulvian

Grey Wolf

First Post
Half-human,
I believe it has been made clear that we regreat the boy was harmed, although we stand by that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it had nothing to do with bloodlust. I assure you I am quite capable of controling myself in combat. As far as helping the boy, we have made arangments with Lily to do all we can to make his change as painless as possible. I am healer myself and have been there to help many a Lycan with his first change. And, if the boy chooses to find a cure, then I can assist him with that as well. If the boy chooses to keep the gift fate has given our pack will guide him on the correct path, as so he is pure of heart. And yes, it is a gift, only those who have ran through the trees with the noble animals as one of them can know this. And to Lily, the one who took the boy in and helped him, I thank you for using not only your heart, but your mind, and not your mouth.

Crinos, Elder of the Pack of the Red Moon

Ulvian

First Post
You have explained why you attacked the boy, though I disagree with your reasons given, the boy may have been in the wrong place, so to speak, but the attack that you put on the boy was far worse than the crime he had commited. You may say that I was not there to witness all of these events and you are correct, for what I saw was you maul a boy that was prone, and in no shape to do any other harm as you would call it. The boy was out of the fight and was still attacked, this is what I call bloodlust. This is what I fear will happen again, as another of your pack has already stated he can not control himself. I am glad that you feel some remorse for your actions, but I do not feel as the the child would be safe with one who could perform such a horrible act.

If you can show me that I am wrong is these assumptions and that the boy will be safe, and this is the path that he chooses, then I will offer you whatever support you need to guide him. I judge but with my heart Crinos, surely you can understand this. If one in your pack was hurt in such a way would you not heed caution againt the one who peformed the act?

Ulvian

Last edited:

Grey Wolf

First Post
Once again, half-human, you use your heart but not your brain. I show no remorse for what was done, but I do seek to guide the boy so he does not make such a mistake again. I show no more remorse or pity for my foe then does my breathren, the wolf. It has nothing to do with bloodlust or anger, but with the ways of nature, of witch you are ignorant. And now that the boy is no longer a foe, but a brother, I will show him the path and if he so chooses, guide him on it. And to answer your question, one of my pack would not rush into a fight without knowing who he was fighting and why. We do not attack out of anger, or spite, as humans and their ilk often do. We also do not try to blindly help those we see injured, but look around and see what happened. So it is not an issue what we would do, but what he WILL do. If you truely wish to help and support him, step back and let him decide. And one more thing, do not let the actions of other Lycans, such as Rallden, impact how you look at my pack, or speak to me.

Olath Vlos

First Post
Ulvian said:
I am new to this area, but have been here long enough to see some of the most brutal acts toward children. The rumors say that they have helped in getting rid of many a vampire from these parts, though is one vampire worth losing one child? The child has lived though he may be infected with the lycans disease, I have heard that their are a few cures of this disease so to those that beilive that children should not have to endure these trials and tribulations I ask for your help in this matter.

<simply written in steady Common>

No one is innocent.

<signature in Undercommon>

Katie

First Post
Excuse me?

I dont know what you all are thinking about Lycans but were not all bloodthirsty monsters! My mom was a lycan and I am a lycan you dont see me doing the things like those other two did. Do not judge an entire species based upon what a few members do that would be like us woman judging all guys based upon what only a few of you do. I feel horrible that the boy was bitten trying to help me, which I have found out through a source I refuse to reveal. Also about punishing the parents for kids coming into the tavern? Hells if we are old enough to be forced into marriage or have children why should our parents be held responsible for us coming into the Crossroads Tavern? And if you want to hold my parents responsible go right ahead but in order to find my blood mother youd have to go to the abyss where her soul has been sent. And in a matter of how you didnt mean to do what you did? Well guess what! You are an idiot if you say this is not your fault and that includes you Locdonan! If it werent for you letting your anger take over you and you attacked Ice none of this wouldve happened! I refuse to stand by and watch you attack my family I care not if I am one of you. Personally I think this war is one of the most stupid ideas ever! We are no better than the vampires by starting this war all we want to do is reek death and destruction! Damnit why is it a child sees this whereas adults cant?!

Ulvian

First Post
a child knows best...

Katie

I am sorry if my words have made you think that I hate all lycans, this is not the case. I hate not a single lycan, that I have met. I do however strongly disagree with the gruesome acts I have seen certein lycans perform. I care little for the war that is going on, or the reasons behind the attack. The reasons given do not excuse the crime, yet there are and will continue to be excuses made. Though I do have a few question for you, perhaps we could meet sometime.

Ulvian

Grey Wolf

First Post
Katie, the words of any Lycan that helps a leech are meaningless. You are the reason the boy was hurt in the begining. Ulvian, if you had any real idea what had happened you would know this. But, the boy had made his decision. He and his friend are now mambers of our pack, and will be under our protection and guidence.

Katie

First Post
Hmmph

Crinos you dont know what you think you do about me. Yes I helped Ice but she is my family.... if someone was attacking a member of your family wouldnt you defend them? No apparently not because you are selfish and self centered. As I said in my opinion this war is ridiculous and pointless. Why do what they do? You and Locdonan are no better than Defcarr only think of destruction of an entire species for your own satisfaction. Instead of targetting all vampires why not just the ones you have a problem with? Ice has never hurt anybody dont you understand? Or is your skull just plain too thick and your mouth unable to make contact with your brain, for the purpose of making an intelligent decision?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads