• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E When do you think the revised fighter will be released?

guachi

Hero
I loved the Fighter/Scout so much I made it my number one choice of sub classes from UA articles to make an official book. I loved the simple focus on Exploration skills.

Too bad I don't think it will happen, though.

Uchawi

First Post
I believe Mike regretted some of the decisions he put into the development of the fighter class as being too generic. You may think he would want to follow through to make it even better. In that sense I would hope there would be a revision.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
3) because the current fighter's fairly generic build and ease of assimilating other parts makes it a good blank slate class, which some people appreciate having over something that brings hyperspecific concepts to the table.

This. It's able to accommodate most warrior concepts from history, legend, and fiction—something that is necessary for the game.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I believe Mike regretted some of the decisions he put into the development of the fighter class as being too generic. You may think he would want to follow through to make it even better. In that sense I would hope there would be a revision.

Ironically I think the upcoming Samurai will be super generic. The Cavalier looks like it's the only fighter subclass with additional identity.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I loved the Fighter/Scout so much I made it my number one choice of sub classes from UA articles to make an official book. I loved the simple focus on Exploration skills.

Too bad I don't think it will happen, though.

i'm pessimistic about it too. If the have settled that only battlemaster get superiority dice, I would still love to see a version of the scout that had a different way of getting bonuses to wilderness related Checks, and a bonus when not wearing Heavy Armor.

Those were the things I really loved about the Scout

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads