Where are all the fantasy movies?

buzz said:
Try being a SW-prequel-disliker and SW-Expanded-Universe-ignorer in my group sometime. :D
Weird. Our whole group is to some extent or another (ranging from mildly disappointed to raging hatred) SW-prequel dislikers and EU ignorers.
Warrior Poet said:
The artist Larry Elmore? Or did he have something to do with the writing of the books (haven't read 'em)?
The artist. But you'll have to let buzz explain his hatred on his own. I'm not openin' that can o' worms here! :heh:

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
The artist. But you'll have to let buzz explain his hatred on his own. I'm not openin' that can o' worms here! :heh:
Fair enough. I'll leave it alone, unless buzz would like to point me to a thread where he elaborates. Don't want to derail this one! :)

Warrior Poet

Warrior Poet

Explorer
buzz said:
posted urls
Thanks. Interesting reading. :D

hopping vampire said:
The Crow (Ed Furlong as the Crow)
Mortal Kombat
Underworld 2

3 SURE signs of the Apocalypse. the end is near.

Didn't they already make a Mortal Kombat movie? I know there's already been a Crow movie (several, in fact, though the only one I liked was the first one and I didn't see any others after the second). Furlong, from the second Terminator? Man, I am so out of touch with pop culture.

I kinda liked Underworld. Not great, but it was fun, and Bill Nighy is always good for his performances (he was the really, really, really old vampire, as I recall).

Warrior Poet

Hopping Vampire said:
The Crow (Ed Furlong as the Crow)
Mortal Kombat
Underworld 2

3 SURE signs of the Apocalypse. the end is near.
Maybe I've just missed something, but wasn't Brandon Lee the Crow? And Mortal Kombat was made close to ten years ago, and it actually wasn't bad in a cheesy B-movie kinda way. Speaking of which, Underworld 2 can't possibly be as bad as Mortal Kombat 2. Or American Ninja 4 -- after even Michael Dudikoff stopped making them.

If bad sequels to mediocre or worse movies is a sign of the apocalypse, we've been having that sign for years.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Warrior Poet said:
Read them when I was 12, and thought they were fine, and had some interesting moments. Years later, flipped through the first couple of chapters and thought, "Yep, glad I read 'em at 12. They're best left there."
Not to me, it doesn't. I can still read them through.

HOWEVER, when re-reading LOTR and Hobbits, I find myself skipping forward a lot of the more boring chapters.

Hopping Vampire

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Maybe I've just missed something, but wasn't Brandon Lee the Crow? And Mortal Kombat was made close to ten years ago, and it actually wasn't bad in a cheesy B-movie kinda way. Speaking of which, Underworld 2 can't possibly be as bad as Mortal Kombat 2. Or American Ninja 4 -- after even Michael Dudikoff stopped making them.

If bad sequels to mediocre or worse movies is a sign of the apocalypse, we've been having that sign for years.

Yes The ORIGINAL Crow and the 1st MK were campy fun. But the second MK disgraced the series, and me not liking UW is just personal preference. Ed Furlong as the Crow? last i checked this guy is my age ans still hasnt reached pueberty (nothing against him). Put it this way: its the end of y world as i know it.

Remove ads