• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are you guys?!

Where are you guys?

• We are here, but we aren't saying much.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • I stopped by just long enough to vote here... not up to date though.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Decided that I'd rather just use a published/soon to publish system instead (Starwars, Dragonstar, S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realized what I wanted to work on was an air/space realted setting and not a rule set, so I'm not re

Votes: 0 0.0%

BlackJaw

First Post
I remember the old board had a bunch of people. So far I see two of us in here right now. where did you all go? Some one mentioned an write up they were working? they said a week or two... it's been more then that already!

If I have to, I'll right this dang thing myself... don't force me to do it!!

Wyvern

Explorer
First chapter?

e) None of the above. I've actually had my "first draft" more-or-less done for a couple of weeks now, but I withheld from posting it for two reasons. First of all, with the old boards down, I was hoping to wait until they either got reactivated or the archived messages either got tranferred to the new forum. Also, since there's hardly been any activity over here, I wasn't sure if anyone would notice even if I *did* post it. Secondly, between getting involved in the DragonStar forum, and having a stack of papers about four inches high waiting to be graded, I'm afraid I won't have much time to respond to feedback.

However, since it appears that the Cosmonomicon is likely to die a sad and lonely death unless somebody takes the initiative, I've gone ahead and uploaded what I've got. It's far too long to post here (plus it's in rich text format), so I put it on my website here. It's still quite rough around the edges, but that's to be expected from a first draft. I'll try to check in sometime this weekend to see what people have to say about it, but I'm afraid I just don't as much time on my hands as I'd like. If it goes over well, I'll start on the next chapter in the not-too-distant future.

Wyvern

Nellisir

Hero
To be totally honest, all the metaphysics of the last board just killed the thrill. I don't think we want (I don't want!) to create a whole new vocabulary...

Anyways, I like the rtf doc, though I need to read it a little closer. I think the parts people are most interested in, and attention should be focused on are aerospatial combat, vehicle design, and cosmos design.

Cheers
Nell.

Vrylakos

First Post
Cosmognomicon

Hey there...

I was sort of interested in aerial stuff for my own use in my campaign setting. I was more interested in aerial stuff, flying ships, and so forth. The planetary/vacuum stuff, along with the massive outline, sort of left me with very little to say. The concept seemed to daunting, and recently I started trying to do some freelance work, which has taken up a lot of my time. I would have liked to have seen the outline pared down. The basic rules done first, then small supplements to it for those who were interested in planetary definition, spacial bodies, etc.

My two cents.

VRYLAKOS

The Burned Man

First Post
Well what stats would those vessels have? I think it would be great if you cosmonomicon people could work with us Daemonforge people since we´re going to get a lot more art of airships later and thus "daemonforge" could be the default air-setting...

...I also wonder if the rules could be used for large LAND-vessels. Ie giant mobile fortresses and crap...:)

Wyvern

Explorer
Airships

The Burned Man said:
Hellooooo!
Calm down! I already said that I won't have time to check on this forum every day, so have some patience!

http://mythandlore1776.tripod.com/skyship/
how would these airships be explained with the rules you´ve drafted?
Well, they're vehicles designed for an air medium. Can't tell the scale, but they look like they'd be Huge at least, if not Gargantuan. Without knowing exactly how they work, I couldn't pin down the exact tech/magic levels, but it looks like they'd need Tech level 3* and some moderately-high Magic level.

Does that answer your question?

Wyvern

(* I'm using the tech levels Killer Shrike came up with on the old board, with minor modifications. Tech level 3 is roughly late Renaissance through Industrial.)

Wyvern

Explorer
Nellisir said:
To be totally honest, all the metaphysics of the last board just killed the thrill. I don't think we want (I don't want!) to create a whole new vocabulary...
Although I didn't care for all the jargon some people were trying to introduce (and said as much), I don't know if that's the main reason why the board died. After all, it was active for quite a while after those terms were introduced. I suspect the lull in activity is due mainly to a lack of free time, combined with the move to a new location. However, I *am* planning to stick to simple and self-explanatory terms as much as possible in the stuff I write up.

Wyvern

Remove ads