• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where do I round up Greyhawk info

sad_genius

First Post
Hi All;

I've just started a new campaign, and fate has decreed it should be set in Greyhawk. As far as I can see, the other settings all have big books with all the maps and information you need to run games in that world (Forgotten Realms, DragonLance, Eberron) where as the Greyhawk stuff is frasgmented all over the place in out of print supplements, unnofficial websites, books that include a fraction of what I would need to play in the setting. So where is it all? What would you suggest is the "set" of resources I'd want to try and run a game?

M

Henry

Autoexreginated
www.canonfire.com is a good source of canon fodder :)

past that, I would suggest the original greyhawk campaign set (1980) for a great overview of the world, set in 576 Common Year. Other good resources include the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, a 3e supplement released in 2000, and Greyhawk: The adventure begins, a 2nd edition supplement released in 1998.

most of these can be found in print on ebay, at www.nobleknight.com, or at www.rpgnow.com as PDF downloads. Go to RPGNow and search for "Greyhawk".

Last edited:

kingamy

First Post
Henry said:
I would suggest the original greyhawk campaign set (1980) for a great overview of the world, set in 576 Common Year. Other good resources include the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, a 3e supplement released in 2000, and Greyhawk: The adventure begins, a 2nd edition supplement released in 1998.

By the way, the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer updates the timeline to CY 591. And if you believe in the fluff/crunch spectrum, it is almost entirely on the fluff side (other than gods with domains there is no rules in there at all). Personally, I like the book, even if it is a bit dry.

kingamy

Henry

Autoexreginated
kingamy said:
By the way, the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer updates the timeline to CY 591. And if you believe in the fluff/crunch spectrum, it is almost entirely on the fluff side (other than gods with domains there is no rules in there at all). Personally, I like the book, even if it is a bit dry.

kingamy

The only problem with the LGG is that it is both out of print, and getting harder to find. I wish WotC would consent to it being converted to PDF (not that that program is active anymore, unfortunately.)

grodog

Hero
Canonfire's already been mentioned, and you should be able to fill your GH coffers to your heart's content there.

If you have some spare roomin your coffer after feasting there, feel free to check out my Greyhawk site (see .sig), in particular the links page at http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_links.html, where I try to point folks to the best GH resources available on the web.

qstor

Adventurer
There's a lot of stuff online too with information on the Greyhawk races and maps. You can try the websites for the Triad areas of Living Greyhawk too for information.
Google is your friend :)

Mike

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads