• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Where do you get silver powder?

Spots Knight

First Post
Take a grinder and a coin. I do not think it has to be powdered to the grain of talcum
I would rule that shavings made with a rasp or so are sufficient.
It would not dissolve in water anyway would it?
Actually, look up Colloidal Silver. While Dissolve is not the correct word for it, you can create a water and silver solution. :cool:

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
I'd have absolutely no problem with anyone proficient in alchemist's supplies being able to produce powdered silver, holy water or any sort of consumable item for the appropriate cost and enough time... It might be campaign-dependent on whether non-clerics could produce holy water, but anything else seems fair game.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Just grind up some silver coins. The ritual doesn't require "high grade silver powder", just silver in powder form to a certain value.

Although personally I'd much prefer that it's only created by priests of gods that dislike the undead, and is generated for free.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, look up Colloidal Silver. While Dissolve is not the correct word for it, you can create a water and silver solution. :cool:

With interesting effects, depending on how it's used.
abc_blue_man_thg_130925_16x9_992.jpg

Note: if you aren't thinking of a monastic order that supplements their training & mysticism with use of colloidal silver to help combat certain supernatural threats by now, well, what's wrong with you? Masters of Kung Blue! La Mano Azur!

Last edited:

Fralex

Explorer
Out of curiosity, how do people keep finding posts I made over a year ago? I mean, I don't mind. These notifications are just a bit of a surprise.

Spots Knight

First Post
My fault, my group ran across this issue on Tuesday so I wanted to see how other DMs handled it and stumbled on this post. I wasn't even looking at when it was started.

Shiek4d5

Villager
Pretty much.

This. D&D, as a rule, isn't terribly intested in exact chemical compositions or scientific accuracy. So you get 25gp worth of silver dust by grinding up 250 silver pieces. Or an equivalent hunk of silver. Or similar.

Heck, you could even try pointing out to your DM that a big hunk of silver is effectively a like amount of silver dust, just all stuck together, and see if she goes for it... :)
I looked up the item Silver (trade goods) in the Item list, it must be a bullion or ingot because it is worth 5Gp.

Remove ads