• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where's the weirdest place you've ever found YOUR name?

Boojum

First Post
This thread got me curious, so I googled my name, and found out that the first Welsh silent film star has the same name as me. There were also a few other random accountants, doctors, and so on that have the same name.

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Well it's not quite the same because it's my pseudonym rather than my real name, and it was deliberate, but my friend Tony put in a nice "cameo" for my name in the first issue of his comic The Gloom.

There's a bit where the hero has got hold an invoice that might lead to the bad guy. And the name on the invoice, which gets a complete frame all to itself?

"J. Nexus - Inport / Export".

That was pretty freaky to read, because although he'd told me about putting me in, I'd managed to forget about it.

So reading it basically went:

Gloom's Sidekick: Well how are we going to find him?

The Gloom: That's easy! We'll just follow the paperwork.

[Looks at invoice]

Me: [Momentary terror you get when you see something bad with your name written on it] Buhhhh!!
And then the next page had a big warehouse with my name written in a big sign across the front. I was really chuffed. (Once I got over the ten milliseconds of terror that a 1940s pulp superhero was going to track me down and arrest me). :)

glass

(he, him)
I've got a fairly common real first name. So common that there were 7 of us in my year at school at the peak (and about 10 in total, although not all at the same time). On one occasion, three of us were standing near each other and someone said 'James' behind us. We all turned arround and said 'yes' in perfect unison. It was slightly freaky!

Also, I am a season ticket holder at Coventry City Football Club (CCFC for short). If you Google CCFC the first entry is the club's official web site. The second item is the Crohn's Disease and Collitus Foundation of Canada. I am not Canadian, but I do have Crohn's disease.

glass.

Remove ads