• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where's the weirdest place you've ever found YOUR name?

Blue Sky

Explorer
So, I'm wondering, have you ever seen your name on something that had nothing to do with you? Pop can, billboard, etc.?

First off, I'm Skyler Slifer. Most of my friends call me "Sky". A pretty rare name, if I do say so myself.

Well, a friends little daughter got a Yu-gi-oh card as a door prize. It's name?

Slifer the Sky Dragon.

Man, that's weird.

I mean, really weird.

So, what are your weirdest stories?

Turanil

First Post
My name is also that of a big corporate company here in France, and is also the name of a small island right in the middle (well, so to speak) of the pacific ocean. But that's all.

Richards

Legend
Right when my son Stuart was at the height of his "Oregon Trail" computer game craze, we saw a car with Oregon license plates (marked "Oregon Trail" along the top) with the vanity tag "STUART" - that was pretty weird.

Johnathan

devilbat

First Post
I always have a billboard running with my name and picture on it. It's a marketing and advertising tool related to my business. I hate driving by it. It's so freaky to see my big head amongst the clouds.

devilbat said:
I always have a billboard running with my name and picture on it. It's a marketing and advertising tool related to my business. I hate driving by it. It's so freaky to see my big head amongst the clouds.
So you put up a billboard with your picture on it, and it creeps you out to see it?

Hee hee, you're complicated.

talwynor

First Post
Name game

I went to an italian restaurant that had original paintings as part of the decor and above the table we were sitting at was a work by an artist of the same name. I didn't think Del Valle was a common name (I'm also only slightly italian and the names isn't).

der_kluge

Adventurer
This was several years ago. I was probably in high school at the time.

I'm sitting at home, sitting in the recliner, reading the reader's digest (probably the jokes) and this ad for Reese's peanut butter cups comes on.

This was one of a series of ads about how different people like to eat their Reeses Peanut butter cups. And this little black boy comes out with a cow and it says "so-and-so eats his Reeses Peanut Butter Cup with milk" and the boy says "come on, milk!"

It really freaked me out. Only a handful of people have ever seen that ad, though.

Last edited:

Torm

Explorer
Bryon_Soulweaver said:
Ingrediants on a soda can, creeped me out for a few months and didnt buy a soda in that time period.
Don't feel strange about that - I think we all have felt a little odd when we've noticed that 'soulweaver' is one of the ingredients in our soda. I mean, what are those soda companies up to, anyway. :uhoh:

:D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads