• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Which 2e campaign setting should make a comeback in 4e?

Which 2e setting should make a comeback?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Birthright

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 43 22.4%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Oriental Adventures

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 20 10.4%

HeinorNY

First Post
I want Birthright, it's a singular setting that can provide a unique possibility for different stories and adventures, that no one other setting can.

Um, guys? Dragonlance was updated officially to 3rd.5 edition. OA and Ravenloft both got books in the 3e Era, as well. If you're going to list 2nd Edition campaign settings that got updated to 3rd that people might want getting updated to 4th, you left out FR and Greyhawk.

-TRRW

AffableVagrant

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
Um, guys? Dragonlance was updated officially to 3rd.5 edition. OA and Ravenloft both got books in the 3e Era, as well. If you're going to list 2nd Edition campaign settings that got updated to 3rd that people might want getting updated to 4th, you left out FR and Greyhawk.

-TRRW

I maybe should have been more specific...

We KNOW that Eberron, Forgotten Realms, and Greyhawk will all be back for 4e. I also know that some of the settings on the list made it to 3e. What I'm talking about in this post are the ones that haven't been officially scheduled for 4e, but were around back in 2e.

;)

DarwinofMind said:
Actually I think it's been confirmed that Greyhawk will not be back for 4e.

Nope. All we know is that it's not the implied/default setting, and it's not out in the first couple of years.

Beyond that, we know nada.

Jhulae

First Post
Not on the list, but Mystara!

I *loved* Mystara and all the gazetteers! They started doing Mystara for 2nd Edition, but didn't get very far. It'd be awesome to see that setting again.

I voted for planescape, and while I own none of the Planescape material (wish I could find it for a decent price) I fear that a new one would not be something we would recognize since WOTC is determined to screw up the Planes so Royally.

I find the basic premise of it very fascinating, more so than the others.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Dragonlance, but only if Margaret Weis Productions gets the license to do it. ;)

Otherwise, give me some Spelljammer or Dark Sun, but please, do them right. I don't want to see a poor attempt made.

Remove ads