• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep? Choose all that apply

Which alignment would kill the frenzied berserker in his sleep?

Mycanid

First Post
To be honest when I first read the title of the thread I had to do a double take.

It would be quite a feat for a pc to kill a frenzied beserker while the pc was asleep. :)

As far as answering the poll though ... I would have to guess it to be possible for any alignment as well. (What would happen to the character's alignment afterward may be another issue, of course...)

I think another shade of the subject is which Alignment would have the easier or harder time convincing themselves to do so.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Falkus said:
Though this does beg the question: Is a frenzied berserker an ally, or an accident waiting to happen.
What if the Frenzied Berserker is Chaotic Good? In one game, one of the PCs started from level 1 and built up and wound up becoming a Chaotic Good Frenzied Berserker Paladin of Freedom with such a high Will Save thanks to Charisma that he basically never failed the Will save. The only person he ever attacked by accident due to a botched save was the party Wizard who the other characters didn't really like that much anyway due to his tendencies towards evil acts to further the greater good. The rest of the party, even the Wizard, never even thought about putting the FB down--the FB saved their arses against extremely powerful opponents and was well-loved by almost everyone (especially when the Girdle of De'Rah went on curse mode, but that's another story). The point is, not all Frenzied Berserkers are actually menaces. This one never killed an innocent yet.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Falkus said:
Though this does beg the question: Is a frenzied berserker an ally, or an accident waiting to happen.

Well, he could be a Chaotic Good guy who runs an orphanage in town and saved your family from BBEG #4. He could be a Chaotic Evil guy who kicks puppies and sold the orphans into slavery. We don't know in this example, so I assume he's somewhere in between. A guy who you've fought together with for a while and have trusted with your life until suddenly he got all weird and started not being able to stop fighting. You don't kill him, you try to help him. That is, unless you're Evil (and then even sometimes if you're Evil).

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
frankthedm said:
The people in the asylums did not choose to become insane.

So wait... the animals did? Anyways, I didn't vote, merely because it's kinda obvious that ANY alignment can rationalize this guys threat, and that they have to deal with him.

Endur

First Post
Killing someone in their sleep is not honorable. Nor is it lawful or Good. So I can't see LE, LN, LG, NG, or CG killing the FB.

Other alignments, sure.

I can certainly see a Lawful Good character tying up the FB while the FB is asleep. And hauling off the FB to be tried and executed in a lawful manner.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads