• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which campaign setting material (AP or Sourcebook) would you like to see first/next in 5E?

Which campaign setting material (AP or Sourcebook) would you like to see first/next in 5E?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 38 24.5%
  • Planescape

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Eberron

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 29 18.7%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Birthright

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • My own homebrew

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I'm not picky. I'd run whatever they publish!

Votes: 4 2.6%

the Jester

Legend
Sorry, but this poll is poorly phrased. The poll question, the OP and the thread title are all asking different questions. What I want to run and what I want to see published material for are entirely different- nobody is publishing an AP set in my homebrew.

Joe Liker

First Post
I said Dragonlance because we didn't get any in 4e.

I'm not sure people remember how bat-$#!^ crazy Greyhawk was, or maybe they were never aware. I don't blame WotC for letting that one languish in the archive.

DM Howard

Explorer
I'm not sure people remember how bat-$#!^ crazy Greyhawk was, or maybe they were never aware. I don't blame WotC for letting that one languish in the archive.

Oh, you can't just make a blanket statement like that and not explain what you mean (well you could, but I'd love to know!). Are you referring to the Greyhawk Wars or something else entirely?

JTorres

First Post
I picked other. I'd like to see a new mega-adventure in the vein of HofDQ for Ravenloft. I don't want to see a reboot though. I think there's enough past material to draw on and create a huge, new adventure with maybe a short player's guide of some sort that offers up some specific sub-classes, races, etc. for Ravenloft.

I also think revisiting Al-Qadim would be great but again, not as a reboot, but as the setting for a major adventure path that draws on and maybe expands a bit on the established lore.

Thank Dog

Banned
Banned
I wanted to vote Dragonlance but unfortunately any Dragonlance setting book will come out assuming that everything after the War of the Lance happened.

Nivenus

First Post
A bit surprised Nentir Vale / Points of Light isn't an option. It wasn't my cup of tea but I know a lot of people really liked it and it would probably help to allay a some of the discontent a lot of 4e fans have about 5e (though not everything obviously).

I personally voted for FR, because it's my main jam. But I'd also really like to see a Planescape sourcebook in the near future.

aramis erak

Legend
It seems that you have two different questions: Which setting would you like to see first? And, which setting would you run first?

Yeah, I concur... two different questions. I answered the Poll with what I want to see first: Dark Sun.

On the other hand, since I'm already running, and doing so in Organized Play at my FLGS, I'm running in the Forgotten Realms.

diaglo

Adventurer
Sorry, but this poll is poorly phrased. The poll question, the OP and the thread title are all asking different questions. What I want to run and what I want to see published material for are entirely different- nobody is publishing an AP set in my homebrew.

this.

Remove ads