Which Class do you hate/dislike ?

Which Class do you hate ?! (multiple choice allowed)

• Paladin... awful goody...

Votes: 37 17.4%
  • Sorceror or Wizard.. no wand waving...

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Barbarian... savages all

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Rogue... thieves I say...

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Bard... too dandy...

Votes: 67 31.5%
  • Cleric... dont mention religion...

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Ranger... smells strange...

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • Druid... no animals in the Inn please...

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Fighter... all muscles and no brain...

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Monk... this is medieval europe !

Votes: 84 39.4%

Rashak Mani

First Post
After so many polls about your favorite class... why not a poll on your most hated class ?

What class gets on your nerves when others are playing ? Or what class you hated playing yourself and will never play again ?

(Forget Gaming Issues like balance or Ranger took the shaft... think only concept )

reapersaurus

First Post
I don't dislike the monk because it's out-of-place in medeival Europe.

I dislike it because the class traditionally leads to boring roleplaying, IMO.

A PC who keeps to himself and is mysterious and meditates and ponders on al sorts of esoteric "wisdom" is not exactly suited for interacting with PC's and NPC's.
They all seem fairly cookie-cutter to me.

jollyninja

First Post
i hate bards. i allways have. the idea of a traveling entertainer is not stupid, but the idea of some jerk off running around in a dungeon with his trusty lute at his side singing to his companions is, to me, unbearably stupid and irritating. i think that's why i liked 2e dragonlance, no bards to irritate me. plenty of traveling entertainers, but no freaking bards. the fact that the class sucks has limited the number of bards i have had to put up with in 3e but the number is still to high.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
I don't like bards. I don't personally like barbarians, either, but that just means I wouldn't play one, not that I think the class has anything wrong with it.

However, Rashak my man: Why did you combine wizards and sorcerers? I strongly dislike sorcerers, but I like wizards just fine.

rounser

First Post
I like 1E bards - I think they captured the archetype better, even if they were an oversuped proto-prestige class. The 2E and 3E designers didn't give the class the power and respect it deserves to meet the mythological archetype, IMO...

Aaron L

Hero
Bards. I despise the implementation of the Druid and Ranger classes, but the very idea of the Bard is ridiculous to me. (However, I did like the 1E bard, not that anybody actually got that far in any games I played!)

Wolfen Priest

First Post
Without having read the thread-starter's indication not to consider balance or rules, I voted for Bards, Druids, and Monks, for the following reasons:

1.) Bards ~ because, yeah, somehow I just don't 'get' the idea of a singing minstrel running around fighting monsters in smelly dungeons.

2.) Monks ~ because, as someone else mentioned, they all seem about the same, have little flavor, and don't fit in very well with the whole sword & sorcery theme.

3.) Druids ~ NOT because they don't fit in with the "D&D" flavor, but just because I think they got hosed pretty badly in the rules. When I first bought the 3e PHB, I had every intention of playing a druid. Then I read over their spell list, comparing it to the cleric's. All I can say is, if you're into shapechanging, then it's a cool class, but otherwise, it does them NO justice.

In theme, druids are probably the coolest class of all.

Last edited:

bwgwl

First Post
Skarp Hedin said:
However, Rashak my man: Why did you combine wizards and sorcerers? I strongly dislike sorcerers, but I like wizards just fine.

that's funny -- i like sorcerers all right, but i really hate wizards... :p

i like bards, too. in fact, my next D&D character is going to be a halfling bard.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
bards..the most USELESS class ever in 3e..1e version was hardcore..shame someone doesn't do a 1e to 3e conversion of that one..that makes the bard more realistic..other than that he/she is useless to the extreme in a party..

Uller

Adventurer
I hate Monks. I got no use for 'em. No, sir...

I'm surprised that the Ranger is fairing so well. Solidly less hated than Monks and Bards and even fairing better than Paladins and Druids. For all the ranting and raving about how Rangers are broken, shafted, spindled and mutilated, they seem(so far) no all that hated...I'm glad because I like rangers!

Remove ads